August 6, 2010

Fill In The Blanks With Food!

There's nothing I love more than a Friday except a food-themed Friday!

Today's Fill-In The Blank Friday - courtesy of Lauren, so link up with her to play along! - is all about food! Yum!

I pretty much love everything about food - eating it, photographing it, preparing it, looking at it, talking about it, even writing about it! So let's get started, shall we?




1.  Today for breakfast I ate     leftover blueberry pancakes from yesterday. definitely still as delicious as the first time around. oh, and a cup of earl grey (of course). 

2.  My go to/never fail recipe     is thai coconut green curry, usually with fish or chicken, over basmati rice. yum yum!

3.  Something I eat that other people think is weird is      the jelly part on pate`. It's so delicious and flavorful!

4.  My worst cooking disaster ever was    one time that I made a cake and accidentally doubled the eggs, and they all sort of sunk to the bottom of the pan, so when it came out of the oven it was a failed cake sitting on top of a baked omlet. It was horrible  .

5.  If I could only eat one flavor of ice cream the rest of my life it would be    plain frozen yogurt. Sure I love all the crazy flavors like Dulce de Leche and Mint Chocolate Chip and Butter Pecan, but the flavor I crave the most is frozen yogurt (oryogurt ice cream if we're being sticklers), and I know it's the one flavor I wouldn't get tired of. Plus you can add smoosh-ins! :)

6.  One food I hate and avoid at all costs is      any organ or intestines. ew! Other than that, I'm really not picky .

7.  What is your favorite meal?  Breakfast, lunch, or dinner?    Dinner. I love eating at night, preparing the meal either alone or with friends, but usually with wine :) and you can really have anything you want without it being too heavy for lunch .


 ***

That got me all hungry even though I just had breakfast! I guess I should distract myself with something else, like some lovely awards!

The first one, the Cherry on Top Award, is from the lovely Jamie Lee, from Spread Your Wings and Fly



Thanks Jamie Lee! 

 This award doesn't seem to have any rules (for once!) so I'll just pass it on to a beautiful blog I think has that little bit extra!


who always brings a smile to my face :)


 The second award, the Versatile Blogger Award, is from the lovely Lucia, at Formula of Peace.



Thanks Lucia! 

 This award does have rules, which are share seven things about yourself, and then pass the award on. I award this to

Dorkys @ Dry As Toast

Who, when writing about everything from her personal life to controversial issues to reviews and giveaway for all kinds of interesting products, really is a versatile blogger!

As for the seven things about me, I'll stick with the food theme of Fill-In The Blank Friday.

{1}
Of all the berries, strawberries are my least favorite. Raspberries are the best, followed by Black Currant.

{via}

{2}
I could eat seafood every day for the rest of my life and never get tired of it.

 {via}

{3}
And I would take a rack of lamb over a steak, any day.

{via}

{4}
I have a weak spot for meringues, and I can literally eat them until I feel sick.

 {via}

{5}
I know this is blasphemous in the foodie world, but I generally prefer white wine to red. Unless I'm pairing it with a really good cut of red meat, red wine is too tanin-y and usually gives me a headache if I have more than a glass. Plus, I have an aversion to drinks at room temperature.

{via}

{6}
I am a firm believer that salt, freshly ground black pepper, spices, and fresh herbs can turn around any dish.

{via} {via}


{7}
I am a huge fan of raw foods: sushi, steak tartar, ceviche. If there's a way to eat it without cooking it, I'll try it!

{via}



I just had breakfast but now I'm almost hungry enough for lunch!


9 comments:

my.pensieve said...

You make me laugh with your food blogs. I just want to say thank you. A lot of people drink wine but they never dare find out how to properly drink it --red wine @ room temperature (I'm a red-wino)

Dorkys Ramos said...

Thanks for the sweet award! Let's see now...

I HATE cooking for myself, but will roll up my sleeves and make some yummy dishes if I have guests coming over. I prefer white over red wine any day because I also get headachey quick with red.

I loove strawberries most of all.

I'm allergic to seafood and only recently discovered that this doesn't include shellfish so now I can't get enough shrimp and certain sushi.

Now it's definitely time for a hearty breakfast!

Sam said...

thanks for the award! :) i remember black currant in Australia! Never heard of it here in the States. I went to the grocery store there looking for some grape jelly and they had none, but they did have black current jelly! And I love white wine, but do not like red. I'm with you, I can't drink things at room temp. Not even water! I'm a girl that puts lots of ice in every drink (okay, this is an extension now from my last comment on your other post about things we miss from the US. ICE! Australia barely ever had ice and when they did, they didn't put much in your drink.. I couldn't wait to drink ice cold beverages when I got home!)

The OriginalPsyn said...

OMG!!!! I'm going to have to fix lunch now you made me so hungry.

hana said...

I love raw foods as well! so delicious~

Hotcakes said...

i love those berries!!!!! :)

man you are soooo effortful with these kind of stuff!!! thinking what to answer just makes thinking harder for me lol

Nicole Bingham said...

This is Nicole from the Bingham Tribe, your blog is so cute I'm going to follow it! Please do me a favor and follow me back! Thanks!

http://basicallyformyself.blogspot.com

Mrs. Buck said...

I too generally prefer white wine to red - especially in the summer because it's so cool and refreshing!

But I have to disagree with you on the jelly part of pate - the texture creeps me out!

Lucia ♥ said...

You are most welcome *hugs*
and oops, now that I have read your post I have realized I forgot to use the picture of the award on my entry, silly me :D