August 18, 2010

Bits of Wee!

I'm not even going to bore you again with my weekly expression of "oh my god, can you believe it's Wednesday again!?"

But seriously, can you believe it? It's already August 18th. Which makes me sad first, because summer is ending, and then happy, because in ten days I'm moving down to New York City! I'm sad because I won't be hanging out with my Maman anymore, but happy because I get to see all my friends!

Time is one crazy little bugger. When it's going too fast you want it to slow down, and when it's going by excruciatingly slowly, you pray it'll speed up a little!

Well, let's get on with these wee bits, before Wednesday somehow disappears before my eyes!



{one} who’s the funniest person you know?
Luckily I'm blessed with many hilarious friends, 
but the one that has made me laugh the hardest and the longest is probably my friend Will.
Just ask him what he often rants about unripe fruit...


{two} were you a michael jackson fan?
Meh. I mean sure, I appreciated his musical talent and innovation.
And sure, I sang along to all his songs on 80s night in college.
But did I ever buy his CDs or have his poster up in my room? No dice.
He was already a weirdo by the time I was old enough to really know who he was.


{three} what was your favorite book as a child?
Mathilda, by Roald Dahl.
The Outsiders, by S.E. Hinton


{four} what’s the most delicious meal you’ve ever eaten?
Something involving a 2 lb steamed lobster in butter sauce.


{five} if you could eliminate on thing you do each day in the bathroom so you never had to do it again, what would it be?
Blow-drying my hair. 
Granted I don't do it every single day, but it's still annoying.
Especially in the summer..


{six} if you could ask barak obama one question, what would it be?
How does it feel?


{seven} what’s the best place near you to get a drink?
The best place near me at the moment is The Plough & Stars. 
This delicious restaurant/pub which masquerades as a dingy little watering hole,
where the food  is amazing, the drinks are cheap and well-mixed, and the bartender is always happy to chat.


{eight} what kind of music can you just not stand to listen to?
Death Metal.
I'm pretty sure it's called Death Metal because it's so bad it makes you want to kill yourself 
with whatever kitchen utensil you can get your hands on quickest.
(Death by spatula, anyone?)


{nine} who and when was your first kiss?
My very first kiss was in first grade with my first best friend Ben, who was my baby bump buddy
(our moms were pregnant together, and we were born a week apart).
My first actual kiss was with this loser guy  I dated for like a week 
at the beginning of my freshman year of high school with whom I ran Cross Country.
Yup, no kissing  for me until high school, I was a good girl :)


{ten} what 3 things do you think will become obsolete in the next ten years?
1) Non-Smart Phones
2) Print Newspapers (unfortunately)
3) Gasoline (hopefully)


2 comments:

littledaisymay said...

I'd love to not have to dry my hair either and it still look good! It just takes forEVER to dry my thick hair!

The OriginalPsyn said...

I loved the Outsiders, and can't wait until my son is old enough to read it. Also I hate drying my hair.