August 21, 2010

Anthropologie Inspired Tutorial Roundup

I used to walk around - on the street, in stores, wherever - and see items of clothing that I liked. My first thought used to be, "Oooh, I wonder where she bought that!"

Now, with a few months of sewing experience under my belt, my first thought is, "Oooh, I wonder if I could make that!"

Obviously, I'm not an expert seamstress. Yet. I have yet to make a fitted top or dress, but I have tried my hand at a dozen skirts or so, and most of them have been fairly successful.

So who knows, maybe it's hubris, but I think I'm ready to start trying to make a few Anthropologie inspired projects, and other sewing projects at a slightly more difficult level.

Starting with the the following.











Which should I attempt first?



7 comments:

C said...

The ruffly necklace! Because the crafter in me says that's just so awesome.

Or the first skirt, because it's very beautimous.

Oh, and first time commenting. Hai!

-C

Jenny☮ said...

The ruffle pencil skirt is my fave. It's so cute!

J. said...

I couldn't possiby pick, because I'm in love with every piece!!

J. said...

I couldn't possiby pick, because I'm in love with every piece!!

Kerr said...

I love that necklace. what a cute idea!

amylou said...

I vote pencil skirt. That is so cute!

Clueless said...

The first skirt or the cardigan. I can't decide. All of your choices are gorgeous so I think you'll be happy, regardless of which you do first.

I'm jealous of the sewing talent. You're doing fantastic with it!