August 16, 2010

Annika's Birthday Pillow


The first creative project I made with my new sewing machine (after the ruffle curtain for my mom) was making a giant peony pillow case as a birthday present for Annika, one of my best friends from high school. I adapted this peony pillow pattern into a bigger size, and I used a white background - which I now realize looks sort of like plain sheets - with a big blue flower on the front.


And I left a little white dot in the middle because it made the pillow more voluminous!


I really like this pattern, and I think I'm going to make it again but using pale pink and white felt on a darker pink background, so that it actually looks like a peony.

And at Annika's suggestion, I'm going to try making smaller versions of the flower on a felt background to put on headbands! I have fun plans for these peonies in the future!


Happy Birthday Annika!


4 comments:

Cole said...

Julia it looks so great!

ag. said...

That looks gorgeous! I'm so impressed!

PS LOVVEEE your PSA! I get so excited for comments too and so disappointed when I can't respond to someone directly. I hope lots of others see your suggestion!

amylou said...

Wow! That pillow is lovely!

Kelley Kaye Moore said...

another idea is to add a pearl in the middle or a white button :)