July 1, 2010

Weekly(ish) Photo Essay: The Alhambra


This might possibly the most beautiful place I've ever seen.

It's definitely one of the most beautiful places on earth. And I'm lucky enough to have a mother who really  wanted to see it. Even if it meant a five hour bus ride both ways. Next time you have a couple of pennies saved up for an international vacation, make sure you include a stop in Granada. It's well worth it.

You can thank me later.

Words cannot do it justice, so I'll just shut up and let you see for yourself.













































Pomegranate, the patron fruit of the city, is Granada in Spanish

Wouldn't you consider selling your soul to be able to live there? Ah, to be a Moor king in the fourteenth century...

For now I'll just have to settle for my memories and my photos and the hope that I'll be able to visit again some day.

What is the most beautiful place that you've seen?


10 comments:

Julia said...

Wow. What a beautiful place!

No One Reads The Copy said...

GORGEOUS pictures!!

No One Reads The Copy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Keenie Beanie said...

So many lovely textures!

leigh ashley said...

holy cow julia!! this is gorgeous!! your photos are amazing!! i can't wait to see more!

Kelly L said...

LOVE. We went to the Alhambra when I was in Spain but naturally that was the ONE day it rained, like, ever, so we didn't get to go through all of the gardens and I was soooo disappointed. :(

Alyssa said...

amazing. such detail!!

Laura said...

omg, these pictures are soo amazing. How lucky you are to be able to see this!!! :) I love it!

nenu02 said...

To the people that like this post and want to travel to Spain and especially Andalucía I give you a good tip. There is a great hostel where you can crash! In the White Nest Hostel in Granada, recently opened, you can find a young international group of like minded people, in fresh vibrant surroundings. You will have a great time to remember your entire life…..Based at the foot of the Alambra, the area is both central and historical.Full of tapas` bars really close and everywhere!!. I recommend you to stay in Hostels Granada and experience the life of Albayzin, Sacromonte and the heart of Granada itself.

Kaye said...

I just now saw this and it looks amazing! My boyfriend was in Granada this past summer for study abroad program and he talked about this so much! I'm glad someone feels the same way. Now, I'd love to go see it too.

xx, Kaye