July 29, 2010

Wee Bit Wednesday On A Thursday.... Again!

I always forget about Wee Bit Wednesdays until my Wednesday post is published and afterward I see Leigh's post in my Google Reader.

Drat!

But whatevs. No one says I can't play along the next day, right?


{one} if you could rid the world of one thing, what would it be?
Cruelty. 
It would end so much suffering.
 
{two} if you could go on vacation for the next month with an unlimited budget, where would you go?
I would do a World Tour of Big Cities I've Never Seen - London, Buenos Aires, Athens, Berlin, Lisbon, Stockholm, Oslo, Tokyo, Caracas, Quito, Bogota, Shanghai, and maybe sneak in some small towns and beach-side nooks and crannies as well.
 
{three} cats or dogs?
Both. 
I'm one of those elusive people who doesn't have a strong preference for either.
I grew up with a dog, but I've also had cats, and both have distinct advantages and disadvantages as pets. Although if I had a pet in the next few years, before I'm settled down with a house and a set schedule, I would get a cat, because they're more flexible.

{four} would you rather date a lot of people or be in a committed relationship?
This is the classic example of the "grass is greener." 
When you're just dating around, all you want is that first date to end perfectly and blossom into a new, and hopefully permanent romance. But there are times during a committed relationship where you miss the thrill of meeting someone new.
But I would say that although dating around can be fun and exciting, there's nothing like being in love and knowing that someone loves you back.
 
{five} would you rather own a luxury yacht or a private jet?
A jet. You could fly to all the places yachts can get to, AND all the land-locked places they can't.
 
{six} what was the last book you read?
I just finished The House of the Spirits, by Isabel Allende,which I highly highly recommend.
Now I'm reading Collected Stories, by Gabriel Garcia Marquez.
 
{seven} would you rather be really hot or really cold?
Too hot. I can't do anything when I'm too cold. I can't eat, I can't sleep, I can't think.
Being too hot in uncomfortable too, but it's not crippling.
 
{eight} if you could change your name, what would you change it to?
I actually like my name quite a bit, so I wouldn't change it. It's original enough, but not so obscure that people ask me to repeat myself five times when I meet them.
When I was little I really wanted to be Giulia (spelled the Italian way), but when I got to Italy in the summer, where Giulia is a very popular name, 
I was always sort of proud to be able to say "Julia with a J"
 
{nine} what did you dream about last night?
Last night, quite unusually for me (since I always have incredibly vivid dreams that I wake up from feeling like I've been awake and on an adventure all night), I had a deep, dreamless sleep.
And in fact I woke up completely rested.
 
{ten} if you had to throw away either your tv or your computer, which would you throw away?
Definitely my TV, although that would be kind of hard since I don't actually own a TV.
Well, my old TV has been donated to the beach house. But I really only used it to watch DVDs. 
I hardly ever watch TV, and when I do, I stream TV shows on my computer. 
Which is part of the reason I would never throw my computer away :)

***
If you play along, don't forget to link up with  Leigh Ashley!
 
 
Well, I'm off to get dressed and head off to the weekly Santa Marinella street market, which features everything from spices, to kitchen wares to wooden toys, to fruits and veggies, to bathing suits, to cheap polyester clothes. 
 
Maybe it'll make a good Weekly(ish) Photo Essay!


2 comments:

Keenie Beanie said...

FWIW, I think Julia with a J, being an ancient Roman name, has so much more PRESENCE and elegance than Giulia anyway.

Sadako said...

I'm with you. I'm all about my computer!