July 2, 2010

A Wee Bit of Blanks

It's Friday again! And it's raining. Boo. We're supposed to be taking a day trip to Segovia today, too. But I guess we'll have to wait until the rain lets up a bit.The alternative is to start packing, which I really really don't want to do yet.

Today I have plenty of questions to answer: Leigh Ashley's Wee Bit of Me Wednesday (which I'm dreadfully late for!) and Lauren's Fill-In The Blank Friday. So without further ado, let's get started! (And remember, if you play along don't forget to link up with the lovely ladies!)


{one} if you could be on the cover of any magazine, which would it be?
 Vanity Fair. Accompanies by an article about how my humanitarian efforts made a significant difference in the lives of third world children.
{two} how would you describe yourself in three words?
three positive words:  ambitious, creative, generous. three not-so positive words: impatient, peremptory, a bit lazy.

{three} if you could have any super power, what would it be?
I would love to become invisible at will. Flying would be awesome too, but imagine all the super-cool places you could sneak into if no one saw you!

{four} what's your favorite movie quote?
"My father was the shaman of his tribe. My mother was the high priestess."
"Then why the hell did they move to New Jersey?"
"So I could have a career. Hello! A career!"
(The Birdcage)

{five} if you could go back in time 10 years and tell your younger self something, what would it be?
Lose the glasses, take the time to style your hair, and take more pictures of your friends.


{six} who was your first crush?
This boy named Miles in first or second grade. Then he left the school. I was so sad. For like a day.

{seven} what tv show makes you laugh the loudest?
Well, Friends is still my all-time favorite show, but I think I've gotten more laugh-out-loud laughs from Scrubs.


{eight} what was your first paying job?
When I was in high school I worked for the Harvard University Psychology Department's Billing and Accounts Office. It sounds a lot fancier than it was. It was a paid internship and I got to write checks all afternoon.


{nine} what celebrity would play you in a movie about your life?
Jennifer Aniston. Partly because I heart her, but mostly because she is the celebrity people say I resemble the most. We have the same chin or something...


{ten} if you had to perform in the circus, what trick would you do?
Probably balance-walking around on giant beach balls or something. I was perfecting the art of barrel walking around the age of twelve when I had to give up my promising circus career because a broken wrist I sustained during practice.
1.  This weekend for The 4th of July I'll be     packing, and then taking a road trip with my mom from Madrid to Barcelona to Cannes. About as American as it gets, eh?

2.  Fireworks are    capable of making everyone ooh and ahh like little children again, even if we've all seen them hundreds of times and know exactly what's going to happen  .

3.  Nothing says summer like      the condensation beading on the outside of an ice-cold tangy mojito. Preferably with a beach somewhere nearby.

4.  My favorite summer memory is     playing with my numerous cousins at the beach house in Italy. The best game was selling day-old newspapers back to our aunts and uncles. For real money. Sweet. 

5.  My favorite thing about summer is     how absent-minded I get to be about times and dates. There's nothing to keep track of, no where I have to be, and no real responsibilities.

6.  Summer in a word is      relaxing  .

7.  If I could choose to have summer or winter year round I'd pick    summer, definitely. Winter is cold and wet and miserable, and even though it has some good moments, summer always has many many more.

***

Well folks, that's that! I'll be back this weekend with Six Senses Saturday and some blog awards that I've been seriously procrastinating getting to. I'll also try to get in a second Weekly(ish) Photo Essay of the city of Granada and some more Madrid, but since I'll be packing tomorrow and traveling Sunday and Monday, you might not get to see any pictures until next week. But I'll try, I promise.


p.s. Today I saw that I have 200 followers! I remember when I was thrilled to have 16! Thank you so much, all of you - readers, commenters, even the lurkers :) - I would never have had the enthusiasm or the will to continue blogging without all of your wonderful words and support. It's been lovely to have you along for the journey with me!

3 comments:

leigh ashley said...

i'm so glad you're having a great summer so far! i wish i could be there seeing europe with you! thanks for playing along again this week too!! and congrats on 200 followers! you rock. can't wait to see more photos my friend!! :)

LovelyBee said...

awesome pictures Julia!!!
P.S: I have an award for you on my blog!

littledaisymay said...

I'd love to be invisible too! Hope you had a wonderful weekend!