July 10, 2010

Six Senses Saturday


I was really hoping that the haze would lift a little bit today. This weather makes me feel like I've washed down two Valium with a glass of bubbly.

Not that it's an unpleasant sensation, but it would be nice to be a little more awake. You'd think I would be after sleeping eleven hours last night.

To try to lift ourselves out of what I like to call the South of France Stupor, my mom and I are going on a little out-of-the-house expedition today, first to a museum or park or lake (or someplace) that apparently has a beautiful lotus flower garden (which I promise to take lots of pictures of), and then later on the the afternoon when the weather cools down a bit, we'll take a little stroll through Cannes, secretly hoping to spot a celebrity or two, although it isn't quite the right season.

But first it's time to see what our senses are up to!



*** 
Today I'm...

Tasting:
Delicious coconut sorbet after lunch. 
Just the right pick me up!

Smelling:
The faint scent of jasmine coming up from the garden.

Seeing:
The whitish haze covering the hills around Grasse

Hearing:
The cicadas grinding their little legs together in the trees.

Touching:
My new pool read.
God I love trashy British fiction!
Feeling:
Utterly without an ounce of energy... in a good way!

*** 
 
What are your senses doing today?


2 comments:

littledaisymay said...

I love Six Senses Saturday :) Hope you're having a great day!

Delilah said...

I love it too!
and that coconut sorbet sounds realllly good!
yummmm