July 13, 2010

Questions Out Of Context

{via}


I'm supposed to be rearranging all my belongings into four suitcases right now. But I think I'll wait until after I go grocery shopping.

Instead, I thought I'd post this fun list of completely out of context questions that I've adapted from Average Jane. Feel free to take the questions and play along! I'm too lazy to set up a McLinky, but if you do post the questions on your blog, leave me the link in a comment so I can come read them. :)


  • It's 2AM and you are not home. You are more than likely:
At a bar, having a drink with friends. The night is just getting started!


  • What's the last thing you spent more than $100 on?
Rent.


  • What do your bank checks look like?
Boring standard-issue grey-blue checks. But I haven't used the checks from my american bank account in years. I should get new ones, they're probably expired or something.


  • Where did the shirt you are currently wearing come from?
I am currently wearing a towel. I just got out of the shower and it's too hot for clothes.

  • Name something that will be on your Christmas wish list:
A sewing machine.


  • What color is your toothbrush?
Green and white.


  • Name something you collect and tell us about it.
I don't collect any particular object, but I do like to photograph series of things – windows, street signs, signs on old buildings - so in a way I collect images.


  • Last restaurant you ate at. Who were you with? How was it?
El Paradisio, in Grasse, for lunch the day last Friday, with my mom, her brother and his wife. I had steak tartar and chocolate mousse, it was quite delicious.


  • Who was the last person you bought a birthday card for?
My friend Molly, at the beginning of June. Although I did send a birthday email to my dad at the end of June.

  • What is your worst bad habit?
It used to be biting my nails, but luckily I've managed to kick that habit. My worst current bad habit is probably interrupting people, but I only do it when I get really excited about something and have to say it right away.


  • Name a magazine to which you subscribe?
I don't have any magazine subscriptions, but I semi-regularly read Harper's and The New Yorker online.


  • Your favorite pizza toppings?
Either quattro formaggi (four cheeses), or bufola e pachino (buffalo mozzarella and cherry tomatoes).


  • Whose number were you looking up the last time you used a phone book?
A dentist in Madrid.


  • What is the last thing you cooked?
Friday night my mom and I made grilled gambas (giant shrimp) and scallops sautéed in butter and lemon.


  • Name something you wouldn't want to buy used?
Sheets. Or a mattress. Or underwear. Or a bra. 


  • Which shoe do you put on first?
I think the left, but I don't think I'm very consistent about it.


  • In what position do you fall asleep?
Either on my back, or curled up on my right side.


  • What is the last thing you remember losing?
I hardly ever lose anything (knock on wood), so I haven't lost anything recently. But one thing I remember losing (or misplacing, rather) in the last few years is an adorable BCBG top that I loved. Sad face.


  • What is the ugliest piece of furniture in your house?
A little rickety wooden and wicker child-sized bench in the entrance that I used to sit on to put on my shoes. Now it's sort of an all-purpose mail and coat holder. In its defense, it wasn't always ugly, it's just almost older than I am, and so it's seen better days.


  • Last thing you bought and ended up returning?
A belt from H&M.


  • What perfume/cologne do you wear? If none, why?
Lemon Verbena Eau de Cologne from l'Occitane. It's fresh, citrusy, appropriate for all seasons, and it doesn't break the bank.


  • Your favorite board game?
Monopoly. I love accumulating those little stacks of fake money and putting those little hotels on every block. And charging rent. That's the best part.


  • What was the last board game you played?
Scrabble.


  • Where did your vehicle come from?
I don't currently have a vehicle of my own, but my last one, a scooter, I bought in Rome.


  • Are you a morning person or a night person?
Definitely a night person, but mostly because I do all my best work after dark, and I have trouble getting up in the mornings. But once I'm up, I'm perfectly a functional and pleasant person to be around – I don't have to fill a quota of morning coffee before I can act civil.


  • You're sad, who can cheer you up easily?
Any episode of Friends should do the trick.


  • What was the color of the bridesmaid dresses of the last wedding you went to?
The last wedding I went to – my cousin's in Brescia last May – didn't have any bridesmaids. Bridesmaids aren't a common tradition in Italy.


  • What house cleaning chore do you hate to do the most?
Cleaning the bathroom. Or vacuuming. Well, I hate having to move everything out of the way before vacuuming. The sucking up dust part is actually quite satisfying.


  • What is your favorite way to eat chicken?
With my hands, as long as it's a garlic and rosemary roasted surrounded by tasty little fingerling potatoes soaking up all the juices. Mmmmm.


  • It is your birthday. You hope the cake is?
Something with coconut or raspberries. I'm not picky.


And now I'm in the mood for coconut cake. Dammit. I should never start thinking about food when I'm hungry and have to go grocery shopping. 
Well, I'm off to scrounge for something in the kitchen, otherwise I'll end up emptying the grocery store!


2 comments:

Molly said...

I just startd following your blg and lve it. snagged the qestions so here is the link :)

http://alicehasnothingonme78.blogspot.com/2010/07/borrowed-from-world-is-my-oyster-its.html#links

leigh ashley said...

oh my gosh... that seafood dish you and your mother made sounds DELICIOUS! i LOVE seafood!! and monopoly... and friends!! :)