July 30, 2010

And Today We'll Be Filling Some Blanks

Before we take care of those blanks, I wanted to give a big thank you to Belen for the Fabulous Sugar Doll Blogger award!



Thanks Belen!

The award says to share ten things about me, so I will do just that!


My hair has naturally been almost every color! I was born with spiky jet black hair, over time it started to soften and curl and turn lighter, so that by the time I was three, it was light brown and by the time I was seven it was blond and curly! Then it straightened out again, and darkened to a dark brown in high school, and at the beginning of university it was almost auburn! And now it seems to be turning blond again. It seems my hair cannot make up it's mind!


 {via}

Speaking of hair, I'm currently growing mine out - It was super long at university, and then I cut off seventeen inches! - but sometimes I get frustrated at having long hair again and I get sudden urges to cut it all off again!

{via}

I used to wish I would magically grow a couple of inches overnight - I'm barely 5'2" - but I've finally come to embrace being petite, even if it means hemming almost every pair of pants I buy. At least I'll never be too tall in heels!

{via}

I'm hugely bothered by clothing featuring the American flag. I don't know why, but I think it's tacky and annoying. I guess it's an inexplicable pet peeve.

{via}

Speaking of pet peeves, I hate when people crack their knuckles. It's like nails on a chalkboard for me.

 {via}

Oddly enough, nails on a chalkboard don't bother me that much.

(I'll spare you the image, as it might bother you :)

I think fresh squeezed orange juice might be the most delicious thing in drinkable form.

{via}

Speaking of delicious things, I could eat sushi every day! Especially now! I haven't had any in months and I'm craving it so much! I can't wait to find an all-you-can-eat sushi place in New York and go crazy!

{via}

Speaking of sushi, I think I'm starting to be obsessed with felt play food. Doesn't this make you want to be a kid again so you can play house and serve sushi?

 {via}

I love swimming in the ocean, but I hate the crackly feel of having dry salt all over my skin after. It prickles!

 {via}

And now the best part! I get to award this to someone else! 

I'm passing this on to 



***
 And now it's time to fill in some blanks! This week's Fill-in The Blank Friday is extra long, too! So make sure you stick around until the end! And if you play along, don't forget to link up with Lauren!



1.  The last thing I do before going to sleep is    close my book, take off my glasses and put both items on my night table. 

2.  When I can't sleep I    flip the pillow to the cool side, and then read until I get sleepy .

3.  The first thing I do when I wake up is   put on my glasses, go pee, and brush my teeth.

4.  When I'm tired I   start acting all out of it - dazed and incoherent and if I'm really exhausted, everything makes me giggle  .

5.  My dream bedroom would be     crisp white with accents of teal and yellow, a big bed with a big fluffy comforter, four pillows, and high thread count sheets. I'd also love to have a vanity table.

6.  If I could wake up anywhere tomorrow morning it would be    in a spa, on the first day of a pampering relaxation get-away with two-hour massages every day!


7.  The longest sleep I've ever had was    probably during any given exam period in university after weeks of all-nighters and studying and exams. I think I slept for twenty hours once.  

8.  I sleep on my     right side, or my back.

9.  When I sleep, I like to wear    light weightless pajamas in the summer (I've amassed a collection of little PJ sets of tops and shorts) and long pants, a long sleeved shirt, and socks in the winter.

10.  My bedtime is usually   between 11pm and 2am, depending on what I have to do the next day.

***

See you tomorrow for Six Senses Saturday!
(Beach house internet permitting!)


5 comments:

Cole said...

Thanks for the gift! love the play felt. I've been playing with felt a lot lately. I completely agree with #1-I have to read before bed even if its just a few pages. Have a wonderful weekend Julia!

littledaisymay said...

Your dream bedroom sounds amazing! Have a wonderful weekend!

Nicole Bingham said...

Love your blog, seriously so cute! Please follow me so I can follow you!
http://basicallyformyself.blogspot.com
Thanks, Nicole Mariana

Sam said...

i'm guilty of cracking my knuckles :( it all started in 5th grade when my crush did it and i asked him what he was doing, so then i did it and wanted to be like him. yep, true and odd story. your dream room sounds amazing. i also cut my hair off when it gets really long. then i like it for a couple months then wish my hair was long again. i'm currently wishing my hair was long again.

Venassa said...

Felt food toys look like so much fun.
I am basically the same way when I'm tired.
And I love flipping the pillow to the cold side.