June 21, 2010

Top Fifteen Famous Movies I Have (Shamefully?) Never Seen

I've seen a lot of films. A lot a lot. Growing up, I never really watched TV until middle school, and even then it was only to watch a couple of shows a week (namely, Buffy, Friends, and occasionally Dawson's Creek, before I realized how lame everyone on that show was).

But we probably rented about two or three - sometimes more - movies a week. Yes, there was that period where on days that my brother got to choose he rented Return of the Jedi over and over and over again. And I went through a period when I rented almost exclusively Shirly Temple movies (hey, I was like eight!). But we mostly mixed it up quite a bit, with my mom throwing in her occasional choice of foreign films.

However, there remain a good deal of films that I have never seen, and a lot of these happen to be famous movies that everyone has seen, except me apparently. So here they are. Please feel free to use the comments section to both ridicule me and make suggestions of movies you think I should see, or to tell me which of the following I should commit to seeing first.


Top Fifteen Famous Movies I Have (Shamefully?) Never Seen 

Ghostbusters
Steel Magnolias
Schindler's List
The Shawshank Redemption
Jerry Maguire
Die Hard (including all of the sequels)
Terminator  (including all of the sequels)
Rainman
The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly
It's a Wonderful Life
Risky Business
The Last Samurai
Flashdance
Jaws (including all of the sequels)
Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon


The only thing I can say about this list - aside from how random it is - is that it shows that apparently I don't like Tom Cruise very much, which I don't. I hate him actually. Other than that, I guess I just missed out on a few movies that came out during my life, which I never got around to seeing, and those that came out before my time I never bothered to rent.

What are your favorite movies?

Maybe next time I'll my top ten favorite movies of all time, and give you guys some suggestions :)


p.s. Happy Summer Solstice, Everyone!

7 comments:

Aunt of 14 said...

You have never seen Steel Magnolias? GIRL, you HAVE TO!!!! It is one of my favorite movies and if you hear me quoting a line from a movie, you know that movie had an impact on me. "I am not cranky! I've just been in a bad mood for the last 40 years!"

HA, love it. I havent even read the rest of your list past Steel Magnoias because it shocked me to the core!! heh

Maureen said...

I'm sure my list of movies I've never seen is much more embarrassing... PLUS i'm marrying a film professional. sigh.
that said, it's a wonderful life is my FAVORITE MOVIE OF ALL TIME.

highly recommended this christmas.

Nicole Z said...

Schindler's List is a must! It's definitely a movie you have to be in a certain mood to watch though - very emotional...and it's 3 hours or so long, but so worth it. Steel Magnolias is also very, very good. And I love Jaws (and the sequels), so cheesy, but in a good way :)

Alyssa said...

Get ready to cry when you watch Steel Magnolias. And Die Hard is my absolute favorite action movie! But my two favorite movies of all time are Titanic (I've been obsessed since I was 10) and Gone with the Wind. Gotta love Scarlett O!

Crystal said...

I agree with you on Tom Cruise - yuck!!! I really don't watch any of his movies but thankfully he made Jerry Maguire before he sucked. SO GOOD!!!!! Plus it always brings back memories for me since I saw it with Grandma! Cuba Gooding Jr is also really good in it.

My favorite movie of all time and has been since it came out on video (I was probably about 6-7 years old) is Dirty Dancing. Even after 20 years it is still my favorite. I use to have every line memorized and I would practice all the dance moves (we are talking 1st/2nd grade here!!!).

Venassa said...

Out of those, I've only seen Ghostbusters. I haven't seen movies like Forrest Gump, Pretty Woman, Sixteen Candles.. and other movies that almost everyone has seen. My boyfriend will ask 'have you ever watched...' and my answer is almost always no.

leigh ashley said...

oh my goodness... the shawshank redemption and schindler's list are two of my faves!