June 12, 2010

Six Senses Saturday

Good Morning, blog friends and other readers. How are you all on this fine Saturday morning? Here it's not so fine. The weather is being a little bitch. I really wish there were something I could do about it - I was planning a Linner (lunch - dinner) picnic in the park today, and that's clearly not going to happen.

But that's ok. I still have some handiwork to do for the little presents I'm giving to the teachers I work with, and so I'm going to take advantage of this day at home to get it done. Plus, in the imaginary world I've been part of for the last few days, President Bartlett is gearing up for re-election, and I of course have to see how that goes.


*** 
Today I'm...

Tasting:
Strawberries with whipped cream. 
Strawberries are the perfect feel-better food - they're full of vitamin C!
(They aren't very filling though. I had two bowls of strawberries and I'm still hungry!
But maybe it's because I'm...)

Smelling:
Shortbread cookies. 
I'm not sure where the smell is coming from, but I want to be there!
(Yup, those are definitely what's making me hungry)

Seeing:
A fake democratic White House being charming and witty and doing glorious things for an imaginary America.

Hearing:
The pitter patter of raindrops falling on my window sill.

Touching:
Endless circles of black and white felt.
(I'll explain later)
Feeling:
Better than last night, but still not 100%. 
I definitely have a bone to pick with the health gods. 
They clearly don't like me very much.

*** 
 Oh, by the way, did anyone notice that Six Senses Saturday is now "Today I'm..." instead of "Right Now I'm..." ? I did it for my lovely friend Leigh Ashley, because she mentioned that she always wanted to say "right now I'm touching my keyboard" and that was getting sort of boring every week! But then I noticed that lots of other people were doing it too! So as of last week, it's "Today I'm..." so you can talk about anything your senses were, are, or will be doing at any point in the day! More room for creativity, don't you think?

What are your senses doing today?



2 comments:

leigh ashley said...

haha! the bottom part of this obviously made me actually laugh out loud! you're my fave!

Delilah said...

Hey! I like this! It looks like fun!

I'm your latest follower =D