June 19, 2010

Six Senses Saturday & A Sweet Award!


Ah, Saturday, Saturday, Saturday. How glad I am to see you! It finally seems like the schizophrenic maniac that was in charge of Madrid weather took a day off of work today, because it is a beautiful, warm, sunny day! I don't even know what I'm still doing indoors at 5:00 pm. I should be outside enjoying the wonderful summer breeze!

But I'm a loyal blogger and I didn't want to deprive you of Six Senses Saturday! So here I am, at least for now. I'm definitely going to want to go catch some rays before I head to that mojito party with my friend Lauren tonight.

*** 
Today I'm...

Tasting:
Leftovers of this delicious cilantro lime chicken salad that I made the other day. I'm defrosting some chicken to make some more, so I'll definitely post the recipe and some photos.

Smelling:
The onion in the salad! Stinky, but delicious!

Seeing:
The monster-sized pile of laundry that I have to put away at some point this weekend. Boo.

Hearing:
My neighbor singing along (badly, and very loudly) to Ooh Baby I Love Your Way
It does not sound good.

Touching:
My camera, looking at all the ridiculous pictures that we took last night at Bourbon Cafe.
Good times.
Feeling:
Like I want to go outside and read in the park for a bit. 
And I think I'll do just that!

***

In other news, this morning I opened my inbox and found a lovely award from Laura, over at There She Is...

The Sweet Blog Award

In theory I have to pass on the award to ten other lovely blogs, but I think I'm going to mix it up a bit and do something different. I'm going to go ahead and give this award to everyone! Yes, that means you! If you have a blog and you're reading this, consider yourself awarded! Congratulations! :)

Well, that's my cue to go get dressed and go outside for a bit! Have a great Saturday, everyone! And don't forget to link up below with your Six Senses Saturday!

What are your senses doing today?



3 comments:

leigh ashley said...

ooh, cilantro lime salad sounds awesome! can't wait to read about it!

Lacey said...

I'm new around here and just wanted to say I LOVE these posts! I am looking forward to linking up every saturday!!!!

-Lacey :)

Belen said...

I need to find a really good park to go to on my own and read. I think that'd be wonderful. But the thing is, is that there aren't very many lovely parks here. I should do the dog park more often, and let Charlie girl run around, but it's a park that requires driving to. :(

Anyway, I saw the quote at the top right and I can toootally agree with it right now!