June 4, 2010

Fill-In The Blank Friday Is Back!

Thank God Lauren's back from her break, bringing with her the long-awaited Fill-In The Blank Friday, because today was a day I really wasn't going to be coming up with a creative post! 
I was up til 1:30am last night, throwing away old papers and sorting through my things and trying to generally reduce the amount of crap that I have (and keeping with the mathematics theme of yesterday, I divided that double stack of small brown boxes by two), and this morning I had to wake up bright and early at 9:00am because some engineers and architects came by to take a look at the house and talk about the improvements we're planning for next winter. 

My point is, I'm glad I have some blanks to fill today, otherwise I may not have had anything/any time to post today! And I really had to post something today, since this is my 199th post, and tomorrow is my 200th post! Which will mark the close of my 200th POST GIVEAWAY! If you haven't entered yet, run along and leave your comment for the chance to win one of three lovely hand-made prizes!

***

1.  My dream vacation would be     a two of three month trek (in style!) around central and south America to see the different countries, meet the people, eat the food, learn the dialects, and generally soak up as much of the culture as possible     .

2.  The best trip I've ever taken was    probably to Mexico with my mom and brother to visit some friends at their unbelievably beautiful house in the lush Mexican countryside - with orange, lemon, and mango trees in the garden, dropping their fruit in your hands at the slightest touch - where we really got to explore the non-touristy side of central Mexico by exploring local markets and shops, eating in tiny holes of restaurants, and visiting magical gardens with rivers and pools for swimming. It may not have been the best trip I've ever taken, but given that I generally hate superlatives, it was probably the most exciting trip I'd taken at the time_ .

3.  The most important items to take on a road trip are     practical items, like a cell phone, a bank card (with money on the account), band-aids, water, and less practical items, like fun car games (Mad Libs!), yummy junk food, good music (essential) , and most importantly, a great traveling friends!

4.  The next trip I'm looking forward to is    my move down to New York City at the end of August! I can't wait to live there!    .

5.  If I had to pick one CD to listen to for a long road trip it would be     my entire ipod? I really really can't commit to just one type of music, especially on a long road trip. I'm enough of a music spaz as it is on my 40 minute commute in the morning. All the music I own is coming with me on a road trip. 

6.  The biggest disaster I've ever encountered while traveling  was    when I was little and traveling with my mom and my brother and we read our tickets wrong and showed up on time, but one whole day late to the airport for our flight home from France. They spent twenty minutes unsuccessfully looking for our names on that day's flight - which we obviously weren't on - before someone realized that the date was wrong! Luckily they took into consideration that my mom was traveling alone with two small children, and they very nicely booked us on the next day's flight, at no extra charge .

7.  My favorite traveling memory is     When we used to fly Sabena (a now defunct Belgian airline) to Italy every summer - back when airlines could still afford to give you free stuff - and my brother and I used to get all  kinds of fun kids packs, with Legos, crayons, coloring books, and tiny model airplanes. That stuff would keep us busy for the whole eight-hour flight! We were even so cute they usually asked us if we wanted to see the cockpit and meet the pilot! Good times...  

Well, I'm off to shower and then empty some more boxes and daydream about all the wonderful places I could be traveling to right now! Have a wonderful weekend, everyone, and don't forget to enter the giveaway! It closes tomorrow at midnight, EST!

2 comments:

leigh ashley said...

i can't committ to one type of music either... there's no way i could listen to just one cd on a roadtrip!! :)

Becca said...

How awful about your tickets being late! I can't imagine the horror upon finding that out...but so good that the airline was kind enough to let you through!
This is a fun post. Fill-in-the-Blank Fridays are such a savior sometimes! You want to post but can't be creative at all...Lauren is amazing!
I hope you're enjoying your weekend so far!