June 23, 2010

Do I Look Like An Airport Shuttle? Maybe a Wee Bit...

graffiti in madrid

Between the trips I've taken, the times I've gone to pick up Valerio, and now going to pick up my mom yesterday, I've been to the Madrid airport nine times. In the last five months.

Almost twice a months is too high an average, even for even me, wanderlusty traveler that I am.

But it's all worth it, because my Maman is finally here! And I'm on vacation! Today was my last day of school, and I'm officially done being a full-time employee until probably after I finish my Master's in a couple of years. How exciting! I feel like a little kid on summer break again! Bring it on, drippy Popsicles, greasy sunscreen and sandy beach towels!

And I don't even have to worry about going back to the airport again, since we're probably going to take the train to Barcelona and then to Nice. I can't wait to take the train all along the Cote d'Azure. It's so Hitchcock!

Anyhoo, I hope to not neglect The World is My Oyster too much in the next few days, but I might be too busy hitting the town with my mom to post as often as I usually do. If you don't here from me before, I'll definitely be back for Fill-In the Blank Friday and Six Senses Saturday. In the meantime, have a wonderful first week of Summer!

In other news, Leigh Ashley has a new weekly post, a Wee Bit of Me Wednesday, with some fun questions. And even though I totally don't have time, I'm going to do it and link up anyway, because Leigh Ashley is awesome, and everyone should do as she says! :) And if you do it, don't forget to click over and link up!



{1} if you were given a brand new yacht, what would you name it?
Dear Prudence. First of all, because I'm a Beatles fan. Second of all, because I think prudence is a good attitude to take with you into open water. In the words of Ross, "you have to respect the sea!"

{2} have you broken any bones? if yes, how?
Yes. Both wrists. The first one, in first or second grade, but I don't remember how. The second one, in fifth or sixth grade, falling off a wooden barrel while attempting a Cirque du Soleil-style circus trick.

{3} who would win in a fight: pirates or ninjas?
Um, totally pirates! They have so many awesome jokes to tell to slyly distract their rivals!

{4} what are you most excited about right now?
Finishing work, being on vacation, and getting to hang out with my Maman and take a cross-European railroad trip!

{5} what was your favorite tv show as a child?
Was that not clear with the obscure Friends reference in question 1?

{6} what message would you want to put in a fortune cookie?
The best message I ever got in a fortune cookie was: "Support Literacy: Buy a Box of Fortune Cookies Today." I think I would have to copy that one. It's a wise nugget!

{7} if you could be invited to one person's birthday party, whose would you choose?
I'm going to expand this to include present or past people, and I'd have to say Oscar Wilde. I bet he threw a hell of a party!

{8} do you believe in luck?
Yes. Seeing as I don't believe in fate or destiny, I don't really have an alternative theory!

What are you excited about this summer?

4 comments:

Laura said...

Your vaca sounds amazing! I def want to check out those places when I get to Europe... ESP Barcelona. Have so much fun!

leigh ashley said...

yay! i'm so glad you're done with work and going on vacation!! and thanks for playing along this week!! i love your friends references! :) you're the best!

Julia said...

Yay for you and getting done with work! Doesn't it feel liberating? I thought I'd be blogging now that scholl has ended. Instead, I'm spending more time away from the computer. Anddddd Barcelona is my favorite city in all of Europe. Hands down. Have a fabulous time with your Maman!

Jen said...

I'm excited about cookouts, the beach and spending time outside.

I'm giving you an award on my blog tomorrow!