June 13, 2010

All About Food!

I saw this over Leigh Ashley's and I though, well, this could be fun, especially since there was no Fill-In The Blank Friday this week. But apparently she got it from Kristin, over at Windy Poplars, so if you play along make sure to link up there! Kristen hosts a weekly Q&A called Kindred Connections, and the questions from this week are all about food! Right up my alley :)

{1} what is your favorite ethnicity of food?
Hm, I would have to call a tie between Italian and Japanese. 
Both hit the spot in such different moments of craving.

{2} if you could eat only one meal for two weeks straight, what would it be?
Probably sushi, but only if it included all the different fish and veggie varieties and miso soup. 
Then I'd probably never eat sushi again!

{3} what is the "signature" dish that you cook?
(you know, that always receives rave reviews and/or you get requests for the recipe - feel free to share the recipe!)
I make a pretty spankin' thai green coconut curry!

{4} is there something that you just can't handle eating - like gag reflex?
Entrails and brains or other non-muscle forms of meat. Ew ew ew.
Other than that, I eat pretty much everything - crocodile, frogs legs, rabbit. Yum!

{5} do you think that the kindred connection should continue through the summer, 
or take the summer off?
Well, I just caught on, so I'd be glad if it stuck around through the summer!

***

This post is making me hungry! Especially speaking of sushi! There's a cute little relatively inexpensive sushi restaurant around the corner from my house and I've been arguing back and forth with myself about getting some since last night. But I'm moving away from Madrid in about two weeks, so I really should start eating down my pantry (I have canned tomatoes, pasta sauce, frozen meats and veggies, etc etc), instead of spending twenty euro on a single meal of take-out sushi. 

But I'm also tired and sick and hungry and my roommate's mother and aunt are here and they've taken over the kitchen with their smelly food and loud, mediocre latin music, and so I have exactly zero desire to go spend time cooking in the kitchen with them, elbowing for space. 

So I'm really at an impasse. I'll probably just wait until their done doing what they do and prepare myself some lunch around four in the afternoon.

On the bright side, the weather in Madrid seems to have come to its senses, because today it's warm and sunny again. I'm hoping it'll only improve throughout the week. Now I just have to think of something that's worth leaving the house for today!

What's your guilty food indulgence?


5 comments:

Alyssa said...

I bet right now you are munching on sushi! you seemed pretty convinced and had the perfect excuse of the housemates family taking over the kitchen!

So i hope you are enjoying you sushi :)

Alyssa said...

oh and guilty indulgence food... chocolate. nice and easy!

leigh ashley said...

yay! i love the circle tabs!! those are super cute julia! i've been craving sushi like mad! i just can't bring myself to spend the money for it either though! :)

Neely said...

I had a bad sushi experience a few months ago and Ive been afraid to eat it again :(

Kristin said...

Hey Julia! Kristin here, from Windy Poplars. Thanks for joining the party today :-) It's always so lovely to meet new friends via these link parties. I've noticed your name on Leigh Ashley's blog quite a bit - so now I'm glad I finally made it to your blog. It's so cute over here!- You're telling me that post makes your hungry! My stomach's been growling for the past several days as I've been reading all the participant's posts! With a new craving every site no less... Anyway, I look forward to getting to know you better! Have a lovely end to your weekend, ~Kristin