May 21, 2010

Stylish Blanks

This week's fill-in the blank theme is fashion - a subject I'm fairly ambivalent about. I love clothes and shoes - and buying clothes and shoes - and I love planning out what I'm going to wear and getting dressed up, but on the other hand I do it based on my own style and don't really care about the fashion industry. I know next to nothing about "this season" or what designers out there are doing, or what the next big trend is going to be.  

Play along, and don't forget to link up over at Lauren's

{one of my favorite dresses - I feel like Marilyn Monroe whenever I wear it!}

1.  One fashion trend I really regret is   wide flares. I'm only about 5'2", and not particularly skinny - I have "good birthing hips" as they say, haha - so accentuating the bottom of my not-so-long legs didn't do much for me.    

2.  The one thing that always completes any outfit is    earrings and shoes. I feel really naked without earrings,  it's the same feeling I get when I go out without a purse! I even go to the gym in pearl studs. And shoes can make or break an outfit, or transform it from daily casual to night-time chic.   

3.  I would describe my personal style as    classic with an eccentric twist. I love my neutrals (I'll wear my beige trench over bright colors any day), but sometimes I'll break out of my own mold and wear something totally un-me, like a zebra print maxi dress.

4.  My fashion muse is    Grace Kelly. 

5.  If I could own one designer piece of clothing it would be     a classic Chanel suit, in black and cream  .

6.  I would love to raid the wardrobe(s) of    Kate Hudson and Reese Witherspoon. They're both petite, like me, and wear an adorable mix of classy elegant and laid back bohemian  .

7.  Today I am wearing      the nautical dress and gold grosgrain belt I made, with gold ruffle sandals my mom sent me . Here, I'll show you!

An adorable outfit wasted on a bunch of preschoolers. I should be wearing this on a yacht, sipping Moet&Chandon, my wrists twinkling with diamonds! :)


Speaking of yachts, spring has finally made its peace with Madrid and come back to grace us with its warm caresses. This has to do with yachts because it makes me want to go be near a large body of water - sort of difficult when the city you live in is on a plateau surrounded by a mountain range in the dead center of the country. Luckily there are plenty of parks and apparently there are even some artificial beaches by the river. I should go see what the deal is with that.

What are your plans for this glorious weekend? 
Planning any fun outfits?


7 comments:

leigh ashley said...

yay!! you should take a photo of yourself in your newly made outfit... i want to see!!

Amanda said...

Super cute!! Also, LOVE Grace Kelly :) thanks for stopping by, I'm glad to "discover" your blog! happy weekend!

becca. said...

I love the outfit! So cute. You're right... you should be on a yacht somewhere. Lol.

I read that you have a cat named Sgt. Pepper? That's the coolest thing ever! :)

My Owl Barn said...

I love that outfit! Chanel suit in black and cream sound like a perfect choice! Have a great weekend!

Erin said...

Grace Kelly was a good choice for inspiration...perfectly classic style! :-)

J. said...

Grace Kelly is SUCH a great fashion muse! :)

k. said...

Oooh wide flares, I commited that fashion crime one too many times! Ugh!

& my font is called "Clementine" - aka the best font EVER ;)

love your blog!!