April 27, 2010

What Your Blog Says About You

You know how sometimes when you talk you realize that you use some words more than others, and as soon as you realize it, you realize exactly how much you use some words more than others?

Sometimes I go through phases with certain words or expressions, which fall out of usage for me as quickly as they fell in. Sometimes I even use expressions that I would never consciously use, but they just come out. One time I spent a week saying everything was "super," which is something I never say! It was weird.

Anyhoo, with Wordle you can see which words you use the most in your blog, and they even arrange it into a nifty little word bubble; the bigger the word, the more frequently you use it.



Apparently I use a lot of not so special words, like "just," "time," "going," and "around." I'd have figured that "sewing," "Madrid," "Rome," and "oven" would be on there more prominently.

What does your blog say about you?


9 comments:

Aunt of 14 said...

Hi!!!! :) There is a shoutout for you on my blog about the Worlde. It is so cool! :) Thank you for sharing!

Margarita said...

This is awesome, thanks for sharing. Mine has a HUGE "LIKE" in the middle of it, lol!

Sam Liu said...

This is such a brilliant program, thank you for pointing it out, Julia :D

Sam said...

fun! I did mine and my biggest word was 'concert' :)

Julia said...

I use wordle with my students when I ask them to type up a brief summary about a story they read. They copy/paste it into wordle and then have a cool piece of art work! Wordle is great...if you're looking for something silly, try blabberize. It's a different concept but just another great site.

Stephany said...

Ooh, how fun! I did this and my big words were "just", "love", and "know". Thanks for sharing!

Beso said...

Dear Julia,

Thank You for entering the Bake Up Summer Sweets Contest. I hope you are given the opportunity to own a new KitchenAid mixer so you can whip up your cherry clarfoutis recipe with ease.

Thank You and Good Luck!
The Beso Team
http://www.beso.com/style-director-contest/bake-up-summer-sweets

JP said...

http://www.wordle.net/show/wrdl/1961566/JP_Ryan

That's mine apparently... although it apparently thinks I talk about Survivor a lot...

Dorkys Ramos said...

Well I thought it'd take the whole blog into consideration, but I guess it just focused on the last couple posts because the words "high" and "school" were pretty huge!