April 25, 2010

Weekly(ish) Photo Essay: The Colors Of A City

Yesterday afternoon I went out to mail a package, and I ended up taking a four and a half mile walk around the city center. It was a beautiful day - sunny, warm, full of people and life, and so colorful!

When Spring comes, this city blooms along with the flowers! Walking around yesterday, everything was positively saturated with color. From the artisan fair at Plaza EspaƱa to the children's bouncy house at Quevedo, to the dozens of scarf vendors lining the streets - walking around Madrid is like being in a color wheel!





































I can't wait for the rest of the flowers to bloom!

What beautiful things has Spring brought to your city?

13 comments:

Anasthaesium said...

Amazing play of colours, julia! all of them were shot by you??..anyways its beautiful!

Bree said...

it's all amazing, it makes me realize how much I need to get out and see the world!!

Kanwalful said...

This is gorgeous! I need to visit Madrid soon!

Stephany said...

Holy explosion of colors, Batman!

Such beautiful photos and it makes me want to visit Madrid...badly!

Julia, the Thanksgiving Girl said...

I love all the colors but especially this pink building! Beautiful!

leigh ashley said...

fabulous julia!! i love the third one of the building!! but i'm a sucker for old buildings with LOTS of character!

Sam Liu said...

Wow, Madrid looks so vibrant and alive with colour, I'd love to go there some day. The photograph of the cherry blossom reminded me of a poem I have just written on my blog, also inspired by the beauty of spring. By the way, your photography skills are wonderful! :)

Julia, the Thanksgiving Girl said...

P.S. Oh nope, I definately didn't make that tiramisu lol Had it in Milan!

Erin said...

You did such a great job with those photos! I love all the beautiful scarves!

Hope Chella said...

Incredible post!

Right now my city is covered with clouds.

I'm looking forward to following your blog now!
Hope :) xx

http://hopechella.blogspot.com/

No One Reads The Copy said...

Scarves are my favorite accessory, even when I get made fun of for wearing them in the summer.

What awesome pics!!

brlracincwgrl said...

Oh how I'd love to just browse through all those scarves! Incredible!

Lucy said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the scarves!!! Are these on the sidewalks?