April 24, 2010

Six Senses Saturday

So last night instead of going out, I stayed home and finished up my Mother's Day present for my mom, and I was in bed by midnight (I was tired, it was a long week). But I figured that because I was going to be early, I would be waking up nice and early, and have the whole day to do stuff.

I just woke up. It's 3:30 pm. Apparently I was tired, and I really needed to sleep.

No worries though. Here stores are open until late, and it doesn't get dark until 9:15 pm, so I have plenty of time to run all my errands.

But seriously, if I had written this post half an hour ago, it might as well have been another fill-in the blank friday, since my senses were doing a whole lot of nothing.

(Unless dreaming counts. I was having some pretty crazy dreams, featuring the bad guy from the mask, lots of money in cash, fancy hotel rooms, and guns. I guess I was writing my own action movie!)


***
Right now I'm...

Tasting: 
Coconut yogurt and some milk chocolate digestive cookies
(it seems that I'm always having breakfast when I write this!)

Smelling:
Not much of anything. I'm still pretty congested. 
Boo.

Seeing:
A lovely afternoon in front of me, 
consisting of a long walk, and a bunch of fun errands!

Hearing:
The wind tunneling through the space between the buildings.
Touching:
A stack of five of the used books that I bought two weeks ago, which I've already finished,
because when I have a craving to read, I devour books!

Feeling:
Like my cold is sticking around again, 
but it's nothing a brisk walk outdoors can't fix!

***

What are your senses doing right now? 





5 comments:

Margarita said...

So lovely! The weather is yucky outside again so I'm retreating indoors and cleaning today!

http://www.margaritareczek.com

Cole said...

feel better already lady! lol I'm saying this to myself too. :) I think a long walk sounds good.

kaye said...

I love your 6 senses saturday idea!!!

leigh ashley said...

your dream sounds john dellingerish... very cool. :)

is coconut yogurt good?? sounds very interesting!!

Simply Me said...

I love your new meme and ill surely drop in to participate this weekend !! i hope you're having a great week :)