April 10, 2010

Six Senses Saturday

I liked the idea of doing a regular post, and I've seen a .lot of people doing some sort of Five Senses Friday. But my Fridays already have a date with Lauren's Fill-in The Blank Friday, so that was out, and the alliteration only works on weekends, out of which I've arbitrarily chosen Saturday. Plus, aside from the five physical senses (touch, taste, hearing, smell, and sight) I thought it would be fun to throw in the sixth sense - no "I see dead people jokes, please! - of feeling, in the sentimental sense.

(Plus, I like the triple alliteration Six Senses Saturday more than the false alliteration of Five Senses Friday :)

So welcome to the first edition of Six Senses Saturday. 


This might become an actual thing, or it might sort of die - like my weekly cum bi-weekly blog award that it probably going to get reduced to monthly. But for now, I'm going to try to stick to it!



***
Right now I'm...

Tasting: 
Goat milk yogurt with brown sugar and strawberries - unusual, but yum!

Smelling:
Spring, and someone's delicious smelling cooking, coming in through my open bedroom window.

Seeing:
The lovely cherry blossoms I added to my Firefox browser.

Hearing:
Someone playing Don't Speak, by No Doubt, from across the courtyard.

Touching:
The pretty, scalloped-edged, cream colored jersey skirt I finished sewing yesterday 
(pictures to come)

Feeling:
Thankful for the long-awaited arrival of Spring's sunshine, warm weather and new blossoms

***
Verdict? I like my new idea for Saturday posts. Cute enough that those who make it here on a Saturday will find something, yet not thought-provoking enough that those who don't stop by on weekends will miss it and be disappointed. An overall, good compromise, don't you think? 

By the way, feel free to borrow the idea for your blog! I clearly pseudo-stole it from someone else, and after the success of Lauren's Fill-In The Blank Friday, we all know how much fun it is to read different people's answers to the same questions!

And speaking of Spring, I'm off to shower, prepare a snack picnic, and bring one (or two!) of my new books to the park!

Have a wonderful weekend, everyone!


p.s.  Speaking of goat milk yogurt, it comes in these little glass jars - so adorably old school, right?

I have six of them (and two more in my fridge waiting to be eaten), and I really don't want to throw them out, but they also don't have lids (they're sealed with peel-off tops) so I can't use them to store stuff in the fridge, like with closeable jars. The only idea I've had so far is using them for pens or make-up stuff,



The thing is that I already have places for my pens and make up brushes, and even if I did use the jars for that, I would still have four left over. The stuff inside should give you an idea how big they are, but their specific measurements are 3" tall, 2.5" wide at the widest point, with a 2" wide mouth.

Anyone have any crafty suggestions for what to do with cute lidless mini glass jars?

Any idea helps! Thanks!

5 comments:

Sam Liu said...

Cool meme, I might just use you never know :)

Kyla Roma said...

Very cute meme!

I love that you're hearing don't speak wafting in on the breeze, I'm hearing pick up games of basketball =)

Belen said...

I like the six senses saturdays for sure. :)

No One Reads The Copy said...

Goat milk yogurt? I'm intrigued...

:p

my name is lauren. said...

you need a mcklinky lady! this is a great idea!