April 11, 2010

Ruffles and Stuff

Before I get to the awesome ruffliness of what I'm about to show you, I just wanted to thank everyone for their wonderful comments of my religion post yesterday. I was bracing myself to lose a few followers over it, and while I haven't gained any, I didn't get a single negative response either, so that was really wonderful.  

Thanks!

Now for the ruffles! Speaking of Ruffles and Stuff, have you seen the blog? Disney makes some amazing things over there, and every time I visit I wish I had a little girl as adorable at hers to make cute clothes for!

Plus she makes adorable clothes for herself too! I saw this tank that she made, inspired by Anne Taylor Loft, and she inspired me to try to make my own! I even made two! Mine aren't anywhere as fancy, but I'm still getting the hang of it.

Here are the tanks. A white on blue polka dotted tank, with a blue on white and plain white ruffle:

It's sort of hard to see the giant blue polka dots on the white of the ruffle - 
I wish I'd left some white space around them, 
but I had already cut the strip before I remembered I had to hem it, 
and I didn't want to start over :)

And a plain beige tank with a cream colored ruffle.


I could have made three-layer ruffles, like Disney's, but I think my little thirty euro sewing machine would have had a fit! (It isn't really good with sewing through thick layers!) Mine are good enough though, right? :)

And then I finally sewed some little ribbon flowers I made weeks ago onto an old cardigan of mine.

Cute, eh?

I bet that beige tank would look super cute under that cardigan! I'll have to wear it soon!

I'm also working on a grey pleated skirt, but I still have to put in the zipper and one of the side seams, so I won't show you that until it's finished.

Can you believe its already 8:15 pm? I mean granted, I did wake up way past noon today, but still, the day has flown by! I guess watching two movies didn't help either! :) I should probably go shower and clean up my room and make dinner and get ready for the rest of the week!

I Hope all your weekends were lovely!

5 comments:

my name is lauren. said...

i adore the cardi and the beige tank top is legit. i wouldn't have guessed you made it. so cool! i seriously need to learn to sew.

Alyssa said...

wow- arent you miss creative!

such simple changes that completely glam up the basics :)

the southern hostess said...

Lovely! I'm so impressed!

Keenie Beanie said...

You are wrong about followers anyway - you gained me.

I lurve the polka dot ruffle tank!

XOXO,
KB

Allison said...

I love the cardigan! It looks like something from Ann Taylor Loft. Good job!! :)