April 9, 2010

I've Missed You, Blanks!

A week ago today I was in the Tuscia countryside, dozens of kilometers away - physically - from an accessible (to me) internet connection, and thousands of kilometers away - mentally - from blogging in general.

When I got back to Madrid, and the regularly scheduled programming of my life, it occurred to me that I had missed Fill-in-the-Blank Friday! I was so bummed! But then I checked over at Lauren's, to see what awesome questions I missed,  and it turned out she, the very author of the whole thing, had missed it too! Phew!

This week, she (and I, I suppose) are making up for a skipped week by posting ten, instead of the usual seven, blanks. Technically here it's already almost three am Saturday morning, but in North America it's still Friday, so I'm going to use the time difference to my advantage, and post the blanks anyway!

I don't usually steal Lauren's Fill-in The Blank picture, but I love giraffes! :)

1.  The strangest thing I've ever eaten was     probably something served to me and my brother by my father, in an attempt to "build our character." These specialties included brain, heart, fish head soup, and another "delectable" specialties. I still shudder at the memories   .

2.  My best friend is    someone I know I can count on no matter what happens, even if we happen to go months without actually talking .

3.  If I could live in a different era it would be      the 1950s    because     the style was so classy and elegant, and society as a whole was more put together and respectful. I'd obviously have some beef with social gender norms, but I'm pretty sure I would wear the metaphorical pants (while actually wearing amazing 1950s dresses) in my house :)

4.  I like     settling in with a good book and not having to worry about losing track of time and forgetting to do something important    .

5.  If you only know one thing about me it should be    despite my easygoing, casual every-day personality, I actually have very strong opinions and principles and I will argue with you to the death about them.  As a point of reference, I tend to be on the left side of the spectrum  .

6.  My favorite book of all time is      impossible for me to decide upon (I hate choosing favorites!) But I'm pretty sure the books I've read the most number of times are Gone with the Wind and the Outsiders. The vast difference in their genres alone should give you a clue as to how varied my reading tastes are   .

7.  The one beauty product I couldn't live without is       mascara. I have ridiculously long lashes that are unfortunately half blonde. without mascara I look like a cross between asleep/high. But I can look put together with just mascara and nothing else. Oh, and body lotion is an essential as well. Preferably something coconuty   .


8.  Blogging is    is something that gradually, in small steps, is starting to make a big difference in my life, in a way I'm very thankful for. Most especially thanks to all of you who keep stopping by. Much love! :)  .

9.  If I could star in a movie with any actor/actress I would want to work with Christina Applegate. Throw in a couple of cocktails and I think we would have a grand old time!

10.  One of the best feelings in the world is     feeling like I've finally completed something challenging and important.  The sense of accomplishment and satisfaction is like no other .

I wish you all a splendid weekend!

3 comments:

Yani ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶◙ said...

you are very brave my dear friend based from your answer to question number 1! LOL!

i can relate to your answer #4! i do that too and i'm the crappiest if you disturb me! especially if the knight in shing armor is about to the rescue the fair maiden or when the plot is at its thickest!

droppin' by from Lauren's :)

have a wonderful weekend!

Simply Me said...

am so with you on ans.2 and having even one best friend in life is life's greatest treasure :)
and ans 10 ..oh i so agree ..
have a gr8 weekend :)

my name is lauren. said...

i love your answer to #3 about wearing the metaphorical pants while still wearing pretty dresses in real life :). you're cute.

glad we both missed out on fill in the blanks together!