April 16, 2010

Fill Me Up Please! Love, Blanks

I've never been one to use the expression, TGIF, but today, TGIF! And I really mean it!

Weather has been known to affect people's moods, and I think kids feel it the most strongly. This week the weather in Madrid went from beautiful, warm spring, to cold, rainy winter overnight. And the kids at school went from sweet little angels who gave me kisses on the way out, to horrid little baby werewolves who threw crayons across the room at eachother's heads. Then I had to go and get pharyngitis. So, needless to say, I'm glad this week is over.

Even more so, because it means another round of Fill-In the Blank Friday. If you join in, make sure to link up over at Lauren's!

 {sun setting on a camelia at Rocca dei Papi, Montefiascone}

1.  The first thing I do in the morning is    press the snooze button . . . six times! (just like Lauren, but even less disciplined! :)    .

2.  Every night before bed  I    read. Unless I don't have a book, in which case I (am probably really annoyed about that, and) procrastinate going to bed by staying online until there is literally nothing left for me to read on the internet.

3.  My favorite thing to do when I'm having a bad day is     go home,  fix myself something yummy, and watch a few episodes of a show that makes me laugh (usually Friends or Scrubs, but recently How I Met Your Mother has made it into the line-up occasionally)    .

4.  Something that makes me cringe is    when people crack their knuckles.  It's like nails on a chalkboard for me    .

5.  Social situations      with people you don't really know, where you aren't exactly sure what you're supposed to be doing, can be a bit awkward. Otherwise, being with people is loads of fun! 

6.  I like to collect     hair pins - bobby pins, straight pins, whatever - I'm always afraid I'll find myself without any on a bad hair day, and my bangs will become the bane of my existence. I also wear my hair up a lot, and straight pins are the best for messy buns. Way cuter and more comfy than hair elastics   .

7.  Weekends are for     me. If I want to go out, great! I'll get all dressed up and have a grand old time. But if I want to stay in and not see anyone, I'll stay in my PJs for two whole days and not care even one bit! I might not even shower until Sunday night, ha!


And this weekend I'll probably end up doing exactly that, as I'm still recovering from my sore throat, and with these damn antibiotics I can't even drink. And what's the fun in going out and watching all your friends drink and have fun when you have sit there, annoyed at the people smoking around you, sipping your virgin cocktails. So it's a homebody weekend for Julia this week.

But I just went to buy stock up on fabric, which means I'm already starting cute pleated skirt number two (this time in blue and white polka dots!) and I'm taking pictures of the process, so the good news for you ladies is that the skirt tutorial is on it's way. I say ladies because I assume none of my (probably very few) guy readers is planning on sewing up a little spring number for himself :) 


5 comments:

leigh ashley said...

yay! i always like seeing what your crafty little hands make! can't wait to see the new skirt! have a fabulous and relaxing weekend... you deserve it!

Whitney said...

I can't wait for the skirt tutorial!

I know what you mean about the weather, any change like that throws off the entire dynamics of the classroom. No fun.

Have a great weekend :)

Keenie Beanie said...

I am a total CHAMP at relaxation on the weekend. The husband and I have "bed ins" where we don't even move until 2 or 3 in the afternoon. Just our laptops, telly or music and endless cups of tea.

I used to feel guilty about it. But then I realized I didn't have to answer to anybody but me, and if I'm okay with it, that's all that matters.

Have a great weekend!

Cole said...

Number 2 an 3 is exactly me. love all your answers. :)

my name is lauren. said...

i love your answer about weekends. unfortunately now that i'm married i can't really get away with wearing pj's for 2 days straight....craig would hassle me about it way too much.