April 30, 2010

The Blanks Are Calling Me!

It's that time of the week again! Doesn't it seem like every week goes by faster and faster? It's May tomorrow. Does that freak anyone else out a bit? I was wearing my winter coat barely a few weeks ago, and today I was sweating in a cotton shirt dress and sandals! 

But hey, I'm not one to complain about the heat. I love the warm months like a fat kid loves cake! Bring it on, summer!

In other news, it seems that I have some blanks to fill today! This week's theme is movies, and if you play along, don't forget to link up over at Lauren's!



1.  My absolute favorite movie of all time is  a toss up between Forrest Gump and The Usual Suspects. Both are amazing, and I hate having to choose favorites.

2.  My favorite movie as a child was      Twice Upon a Time. I don't think it was ever commercially released, because it was a cartoon created by some friends of friends of my dad's, but it was so amazing. Words wouldn't do it justice. And The Phantom Tollbooth. Too awesome for words.

3.  The best movie quote ever is      "My father was the shaman of his tribe. My mother was the high priestess." "So why did they move to New Jersey?" "They wanted me to have a career. Hello, a career!" This quote is 100% hilarious if you've seen The Birdcage, and 0% hilarious if you haven't. Picture a very gay, very young Hank Azaria in daisy dukes, with a lisp.

4.  My favorite actress is   Annette Benning. She is a force to be reckoned with, and I've never seen her in a role I didn't love. (I hate Hilary Swank for the sole reason that she walked away twice with Oscars that should have gone to Annette Benning - for American Beauty and Being Julia - although Hilary Swank did deserve it for Boys Don't Cry. They should have awarded two Oscars that year).

5.  The movie I could watch over and over is     nonexistent. Even movies I love I have to take long breaks from. If I've seen it in the last six months, its too soon to watch it again.
6.  My favorite movie genre is     quirky alternative indie movies, and crazy intense plot-twist thriller/action movies. Cloying and corny feel-good dramas and romantic comedies make my teeth hurt from their syrupy sweetness .

7.  A movie I'd like to watch this weekend is    Alice In Wonderland. I haven't seen in yet, and I'd love to see the costumes and set design!

***

And now it's time to finish my Nautical Dress (pictures to come. And for those awaiting the pleated skirt tutorial, I'm sorry I'm so behind. Every time I start it it turns into another project. But today I bought some lovely pink fabric, and I'll be making one soon enough! Thanks for your patience!) Hopefully I'll finish it in time to wear it tonight, but we'll see. Then it's off to dinner with the usual Auberge Espagnole crew, and tomorrow a birthday party for a friend of a friend.

What are your weekend plans?

Oh, and don't forget to tune in, play along, and link up tomorrow for Six Senses Saturday!

5 comments:

JP said...

1. My absolute favorite movie of all time is either Hunt for Red October, Lord of the Rings or The Quiet Man... depending on my mood.

2. My favorite movie as a child was... Probably Red Dawn... hey I was a boy... we played war... so naturally we loved a movie where kids went to war...

3. The best movie quote ever is "In order to find his equal, an Irishman is forced to talk to God." - Braveheart

4. My favorite actress is I don't know if I have one favorite actress...

5. The movie I could watch over and over is Monty Python's Holy Grail... actually I HAVE watched it over and over and over...

6. My favorite movie genre is I like campy action movies...

7. A movie I'd like to watch this weekend is ummm... I want to see Iron Man 2 when it comes out... don't know if that's this weekend or not...

And this weekend I'm taking the kids away for a short mini vacation...

Whitney said...

I'm so glad I'm not the only person who hasn't seen Alice in Wonderland! I really want to but all of my friends have already seen it and I don't want to go by myself.

Have a great weekend :)

Simply Me said...

Oh it makes me laugh that you and I are such opposites in our answer no. 5 .. but i have to agree i love Annette ..i cant seem to watch and enjoy "The American President" enough no.of times ..dats one of my fav movies of her !

my name is lauren. said...

i always love reading your filled in blanks - they're some of my favorites. oh....and i think you and i could definitely be movie watching friends in real life :).

happy weekend!

{Lauren}

Krysten @ After 'I Do' said...

Oh my gosh, The Birdcage. I forgot about that movie! Have a good weekend!