April 23, 2010

Blank To The Music

 Hello my lovelies! Can you tell I'm in a great mood? My pharyngitis is gone, my cold is gone, this whole week is gone, and it's Friday again! 

Is it just me, or are the weeks flying by? I feel like I just got back from Italy yesterday, and it's already the end of April! Time is weird, huh? It's so relative. A boring half hour can feel like forever, but a week can vanish, just like that!

Well, it's Friday, and you know what that means! Another round of Fill-In The Blank Friday! If you play along, make sure to link up back at Lauren's!
 

 
 
 1.  One song that always takes me back to my youth is    "I'll Make Love To You" by Boyz II Men. Not a musical classic, but it was constantly on the radio in the 1990s - back when I actually listened to the radio!

2.  My first concert ever was    I think Incubus. At least that was my first big venue concert.  Even though I really didn't like their music. But all my friends were going, and it was out of town, and we had floor tickets, so it was fun anyway. I actually crowd-surfed onto the stage (accidentally! although I'm not so sorry that I did - shirtless Brandon Boyd was yummy!) .

3.  If I could create my dream music festival I'd want these bands to be there:    Buena Vista Social Club, Getz & Gilberto, Billie Holiday, Etta James, Nina Simone, Ella Fitzgerald, Louis Armstrong, Diana Krall, Madeleine Peyroux, Bob Marley, Manu Chao, and Michael Buble`, because he's so cute :) 

4.  The best make-out/"boot knocking" song ever is     "Hell is Around the Corner" by Tricky & Portishead - a strange title, I know, but try listening to it without thinking of sex. Even the song climaxes!  

5.  The best concert I've ever been to was      probably one of the little dive bar concerts I went to in Montreal. Nothing in particular comes to mind - the music wasn't always that memorable - but I just remember having loads of fun every time!  .

6.  A memorable musical moment for me was     driving in the car with my mom when I was little, listening to the Gypsy Kings on cassette tape and singing "Bem Bem Bem Maria" to her (because her name is Maria) :)

7.  The song on my iPod that's getting the most play these days is     "When I Look In Your Eyes" By Diana Krall   .
 
 
So, apparently I have a really bizarre varied taste in music! 
Ah well, to each his own, n'est pas?
 
In other news, I'm knee-deep in in-progress tutorials right now. One for the pleated skirt - which I decided to take one step further and make reversible! - and one for Lauren's How-To Wednesday, which I totally promised I would give her last week, and I'm not even done writing it yet! Oops! :)  Plus I'm working on a little mother's day gift for my mom (which I can't talk about yet, because she reads this blog!), so I've been pretty much surrounded by sewing stuff all the time! But today is Friday, which means tomorrow is Saturday and I can sleep in! So since I'm also feeling better, I might just put all this fabric and thread aside for tonight and go have a crazy night on the town (read: dinner at a friend's and maybe going out for drinks after).
 
What are your big plans for the weekend?
Whatever they are, I wish you all a splendid weekend!
 

5 comments:

leigh ashley said...

ooh ooh, can i come to your dream concert? i would chose pretty much all of the same people to see! i think i would add ray charles too though...

Whitney said...

I love your dream concert!

I can't wait to read the tutorial, I love those posts on Wednesdays.

have a great weekend :)

my name is lauren. said...

totally checking out your boot knocking song of choice :). sounds like a good one.

thanks for playing along. happy friday!

{Lauren}

Kamika said...

Yay to Tricky and portishead, super sexy!

Sam said...

"Even the song climaxes!" haha, omg I can't stop laughing.

And I'd love to see Michael Buble live!