March 9, 2010

Teeny Tiny Tangerines


Or Mini Mandarinas. Or Cute Clementines. Whatever floats your alliterative boat.

I was at one of my dozen or so neighborhood fruit vendors the other day, picking up some herbs to make a nice green sauce for some white fish - it was delicious, recipe to come when I make it again and remember to take pictures - when I saw these adorable teeny tiny clementines. Some were just smaller than normal, but the rest were so wee! I, lover of all things cute and small - if you don't believe me, put me in front of a pair of infant baby shoes and wait for the squeal, just had to buy some.

And they weren't all looks either. They were juicy and delicious, and still are, a few days later. Even after I accidentally left them near the radiator and their peels sort of dried out.

This is how tiny they were:

and I have freakishly small hands!

(does my palm look like a piece of chicken breast to anyone else, or is it just me?)

Still don't believe me?

That's a two euro coin. Slightly larger than a US quarter.

See how wee?

 Oh how I love tiny things. 

These make me smile so much.



p.s. Does a capital Q make anyone else thing of Quakers? I was going to capitalize quarter - not sure why - and I didn't because it looked weird. Quarter. Seriously. Quaker Oats? Anyone? Apparently I'm seeing things today. Chicken breast and Quaker oats. Maybe I'm hungry. And craving a really bizarre combination of food.

p.p.s. No, I haven't been drinking the cold medicine again.

8 comments:

Belen said...

Hehe, I love it! My mom's friend has tiny oranges/tangerines (I can't tell the difference, but they're yummy nonetheless), and since her branches are tiny and can't hold them for too long before breaking, she has to pick them early like that. They're so cute!!!

Julia said...

Bwahahahahaha! YES, your hand DOES look like chicken breast! And I love me some clementines. It's so great that you live next to tons of fruit vendors. LUCKY.

Julia said...

oh my goodness! tiny branches so small they can't even hold tiny fruit!? that is too cute!

and I'm glad to know I wasn't seeing things...my hand definitely does look like chicken! :)

Dorkys Ramos said...

Oh they're sooo teeny! They'd probably get lost in your jaw. Really. They're like little orange candy drops.

Hope you feel better and I just had to laugh at your chicken breast comment. I didn't see it til you pointed it out and now it's all I see :p

By the way, I just gave you a little away on my blog. Come check it out when you can!

At least I'm skinny said...

Those are the most adorable things I've ever seen in my life.

Lucy Paz said...

Oh my! Those are little. I only see big ones in Florida. :)

amy said...

Oh, those are adorable!!

Kelly L said...

Aww, those are cute :)