March 19, 2010

I Heard Someone Was Putting Words in Blank Spaces

1.  Today I am wearing     my pajamas. I admit it, I never really got dressed today. But it is the first day of my three day weekend, so I have plenty of time to get dressed! 

2.  My favorite childhood food was    anything. I was the opposite of a picky eater    and my favorite food  now is   its a tie between japanese and italian and anything my mom makes   .

3.  A day that I am too busy to      take ten minutes for myself to drink a cup of tea and browse my google reader   is a day that I am too busy.

4.  The last movie I saw was     An Education    and the next movie I want to see is     Alice in Wonderland - in English though! No way I'm seeing it in Spanish!

5.  My favorite smell is     of something baking in the oven, especially delicious bread       because,      it means something delicious is about to come out of there and get eaten by me!

6.  A weird little quirk I have is      that I always have to walk on the left side of someone. It started when I would shove my little brother out of the way if he would ever hold my mom's hand "on the side with the watch" - that was my side!   .

7.  When I take personality quizzes they always say I'm      the reasonable middle choice - never too impulsive, but never too thought-out, never too slutty, but never too prude, never too assertive, but I don't let people walk all over me - it gets pretty predictable after a while  .
***
In other new, today is Friday and I'm not at work, yay! We have what I'm calling a "three" day weekend. Three is in quotes because Sunday we have to go into school to help out at a Cultural Fair, so technically we do have to be at work. But it's only for a few hours (I get to leave early because I volunteered to come in early), and it's definitely a preferable alternative to being at work at 9 and teaching all day. So I guess it's a three day weekend after all.

And I'm going to take advantage of all three days. Yesterday I went out clubbing with some friends and we were there until they kicked us out at six this morning! Which means I got home at the time my alarm clock usually rings to wake me up in the morning! But it's OK, because I rested all day, I have the rest of the weekend to recover, and I deserve a fun night out, because I'm still celebrating!

But tonight I'm definitely not going out. Instead I'm going to take it easy at home and play with my new sewing machine! So here's the story about that. Last week I bought a mini 19 euro sewing machine, and I was so excited about it because it was so cute and especially because it was so cheap! But then it obviously didn't work. So I brought it back - because luckily my neighborhood we-have-everything store has a two-week return policy - and they couldn't fix it, so I paid 12 euro for an upgrade to the next size up sewing machine, and this one has a light, and seven different stitches and even reverse stitching! I figured it was smarter to spend 31 euro on a working sewing machine than waste 19 euro on one that didn't work.

I'm going to spend the evening getting acquainted with my new sewing machine, and when I've whipped up some sewed creation, I'll show you what I've got! 

Happy Weekend Everyone!




p.s. And speaking of Japanese food - or should I say "Japanese" food? - for dinner I'm making these delicious Sesame Noodles!

4 comments:

Beth McC. said...

Your blog is so cute! I am with you I love to just sit down and browse the Reader, granted I get sucked in and spend an hour but its still fun! Thanks for sharing! Happy Friday!

Sam said...

oo can't wait to see what you make! :)

and Alice in Wonderland was really good. Didn't you love An Education?

Oh, and bread baking is a wonderful smell!

Simply Me said...

The smell from the oven is sooo good and im dyin to watch An Education ...
have a wonderful long weekend !!
cheers :)

my name is lauren. said...

i always have to sit on the outside of the booth at restaurants on the side where my left hand is facing out of the booth. weird. yes. oh....and i LOVE your embellishments in the above post! the grey tank is my favorite though :).

hope you have a lovely weekend!