March 5, 2010

Friday Means Filling Some Blank Spaces

It's Friday again, and that means just two things: My week of teaching pint-sized terrors is finally over, and Fill-In The Blank Friday! I'm not sure which one I'm more excited about!

1.  One thing I MUST do before I die is  visit every continent. Ok, maybe except for Antarctica. That shit is cold. Except that I love Penguins. Ok, so I'll go there too.

2.  I would rather    get enough sleep at night   than   take a nap in the afternoon   any day.

3.  If I could give my younger self one piece of advice it would be    study harder. it  may seem like college is a time to play (and it is) but you'll have time for fun later too, trust me, and you only get one chance to get the grades.

4.  If I won the lottery tomorrow I'd    put myself through grad school, invest some (boring, I know, but smart) and make a huge donation to an NGO that promotes education for girls in the third world.

5.  The best surprise ever was   I found out I had an 11 day vacation for Easter when I hadn't even considered that I might have any vacation at all before the summer! (ok, so that wasn't the best surprise ever, but it was definitely the best most recent surprise)

6.  My biggest fault is    that Im argumentative for the sake of being argumentative. It stopped being cute after Mock Trial.

7.  My biggest strength is  I'm very determined and when I put my mind to something, I can achieve it. I'm also an optimist :) 


***

And now I'm off to take a nap (I apparently didn't get enough sleep last night) since the children really did a number on me today. Maybe I'll hit the gym for an hour or so in a bit, but I was much more motivated to go when I thought there was a pilates class at six. Now that I found out its some sort of martial arts class I'm much less inclined to go out in the rain just to visit my friends treadmill, elliptical, and free weights. But we'll see later how I feel. I might have to go just to undo the effect of the Cream and Mushroom au Poivre Vol au Vent I'll be making for a dinner party tonight.

6 comments:

Whitney said...

I like your answers for #4, very practical and smart.

I'm also guilty of arguing just to argue. Sometimes, I just can't help it but It's definitely something I'm working on.

Have a great weekend :)

Julia said...

but for-fun arguers are totally the people who make everyone else feel diplomatic, so we have our place too :)

Julia, the Thanksgiving Girl said...

I would rather get enough sleep at night than take any sort of power naps during the day also! I just feel weird sleeping at daytime... I only do so if i'm incredibly sleepy and just can't keep myself from falling asleep. Even then I try to fight it as much as I can lol

I love your advice in number 4 too, very true actually. There's never another time to get another grades. And congrats on the 11 days off for Easter! Definately a nice surprise!

Belen said...

i totally agree with no. 2! but sometimes that doesn't really work out. :(

as for 4 and putting yourself thru school, heck yes! even though i'm at a community college and its tons cheaper than a university here, i'm still struggling. :(

Julia said...

haha exactly. i wish I had gotten enough sleep last night, but I didn't. hence my nap from 4:30 - 6 this evening. but I did wake up all disoriented, which isn't much fun.

Simply Me said...

Am totally with you on ans#1.. i wanna travel to as many places as i can and agree on # 3 as well ...
Hope you're havin a gr8 weekend !!