March 21, 2010

Belated Award

I'm really bad at posting about awards on time. Even when the e-mail is sitting there in my inbox, staring at me every day.

Well, I'm finally getting around to posting my Beautiful Blogger Award,


 which I got from the lovely Melinda @ Getting Things Write

Winning this award requires that I list seven interesting things about myself, and then pass it on to seven other bloggers.
First, interesting stuff about me. And by interesting, I mean random. Then we can talk about the other blogs I love.

Seven Fun Facts About Me

1. I have read Gone With the Wind about five or six times - all 1,027 pages of it. I read it for the first time in fifth grade, when I was ten. The book almost weighed more than I did.

2. I have pretty small feet. Not freakishly small, but conveniently small. I can wear from a 5 1/2 to a 7, depending on the brand, but I average around a 6, which is awesome because even when shoes are flying off the shelves and their all out of size 7 and 8, I can usually snag the display pair, usually a size 6, and it even means that sometimes I get a discount because the soles are a little scuffed! So yay for small feet!

3. I am a compulsive pen and notebook and card (and all things stationery) collector, but a lot of the stuff sits around unused because I'm afraid that if I use it, I'll ruin it by using up all the ink for something stupid, or writing something dumb in a notebook, or in too messy handwriting. Well, I usually mail out the cards, but I'm almost never satisfied with how I write the address on the envelope.

4. I am monochromatic almost to the point of being dull. The only things in my closet that aren't some variation of black, white, grey (and some beige and brown - all neutrals, pretty much) are army green and deep plum.* And I have one item of each.

5. I love the movie The Phantom Tollbooth,and I loved it even more as a kid, yet I've never read the book. I should probably get my hands on a copy. I've also been trying to download the movie for months, but I can't find it anywhere online.

6. I can really only sleep comfortably with two pillows. If I'm staying somewhere where I can only get one pillow, I inevitably end up sticking my arm under it to heft it up a bit, which means I wake up with my arm asleep, and I'm usually not happy about that. Two pillows is best.

7. I love all things coconut. Coconut milk, ice cream, curry, shampoo, conditioner, body lotion, lip gloss, whatever. If it has coconut in it I'll eat it, or use it, and probably love it.

*We're talking about my closet in Spain, here. My regular "closet" - which at this point is pretty much just a bunch of boxes at the beach house - has slightly more color variation. But not much.


So there ya go, a bunch of stuff you probably didn't really care to know, which isn't all that interesting. Let me make it up to you by suggesting some fun, new blog reading material to enjoy. But because every time I have to pass on an award I usually do so to my tried and true favorites, this time I'm going to switch it up a bit, and pass it on to some blogs I've just recently discovered. And believe it or not, ladies, three of the seven new blogs are guys! Go check them out! :)





Brando @ Yo Brando



These guys and dolls are my recent(ish) great blog finds! Go check them out and congratulate them on their new award!

Now I'm off to take a nap, because I went to bed irresponsibly late last night (after my co-worker's party) and then this morning we had to go in at 9:30 to set up for the 'Dia Cultural' at school. On a Sunday. I know, it's almost blasphemous. But I had to. I also got to leave extra early because I got there extra early, which was nice. But I am nonetheless exhausted after sleeping three and a half hours and face painting all morning.

Hasta Mañana! 
Ahora  voy a descansar un ratito!

4 comments:

Elle said...

Thank you so much for the award :)!!! I really appreciate it and look forward to reading more of your posts :)!

Julia, the Thanksgiving Girl said...

Ahh, Gone with the Wind!! :) I remember I didn't like it the first time I tried reading but loved it the secodn time round. Although, I have to say I loved Alexandra Ripley's sequel "Scarlett" even more than the original novel. Although of coruse, there's not point in reading the sequel if you haven't read the actual "Gone with the Wind"! Btw, did you know my dog's name was Mr. Rhett Butler? :)

And yay for small feet, haha I wear 6-7, so I guess I'm really not as lucky as you.

I enjoyed reading your answers, really. And thanks for tagging me! :)

Have a good night's sleep and wake up all rested ;-) xo

Des said...

Congratulations on your acceptance into Columbia. That program is outstanding, and being located in NYC is great when you are looking for work with anything related to international relations. NYC, D.C., and Geneva are three focal points for international work, so you definitely made a wise decision applying there.

Thank you so much for my award. I really appreciate it. And again, congratulations on your acceptance into grad school.

Anasthaesium said...

Whoa! Thanks Julia! You got me out of the blue there. I feel so honoured for this. Thanks. I appreciate it.

And yeah, I share that arm-under-the-pillow thing with you. Guess I am not the only Ivy aspiring weird-sleeper out there. ;)