February 23, 2010

Sweet Friends, Happy Things, Good Times

I got an award today! How sweet and delicious!


From Linden
@

The rules state that I have to link back to the awarder (check!), write ten things that make me happy (check!), and then award this to ten other bloggers whose blogs make me happy (check!).

Happy Things

1. Giving myself a manicure and not smudging it!

Totally not a real manicure, 
but I really wanted to show you my crazy green-fairy nail polish from Carneval! 

2. Spending a cozy weekend with the boy.


3. My beautiful new grey suede boots. A birthday present from Valerio.

They are slyly posing on my new pink yoga mat. 
Which is sitting rolled up in the corner until I teach myself a yoga pose.

4. My sudoku book, masquerading as an adorable cherry blossom and bird mini notebook. It makes me happy just to look at it! (a stocking stuffer from my mommy :)

Sneaky, eh?

5. Real cherry blossoms.

{via}

6. My three-year-old classes at school. So cute, so sweet, and so well-behaved. The four- and five-year-olds? Well, they're another story.

I'm not going to put pictures of these kids on the internet. 
But I think I can get away with showing the back of their heads in costume.
These are four of my boys dressed up at Gondoliers for Carneval. So cute.

7. Stationery shops. I could spend hours, literally, browsing around and choosing notebooks and agendas and letter paper and pens.

Anything Moleskine makes me so happy.
{via}

8. Grammar. Well, correct grammar. Ok, I know, I know, I'm a total dork. But something about correct English grammar, and explaining it to someone, just makes me happy. Bad grammar, on the other hand, has the opposite effect. In fact, expect an upcoming post about common interweb grammatical errors that really grind my gears.

9. Gazpacho. Perhaps a bizarre reason to love living in Spain, but even the crappy supermarket in-a-carton gazpacho is delicious. I could eat it every day (and I almost do!)

{via}

10. Sharp scissors. There's nothing like the feeling of cutting through fabric or paper with a brand new pair of sharp scissors. Unfortunately no photo can do justice to that delicious slicing noise!


Happy Blogs

Desiree @ Hitting My Stride 
Jennifer @ Jennifunique
Julia @ Kaleidoscope 

Because all of these ladies rock my world - from spit-out-your-drink laughs, to get-me-hard-up food photography, to beautiful crafts, to real life inspiration - stopping by their little corners of the interweb makes me happy every day. Go see what all the fuss is about about!


6 comments:

Belen said...

OH MAN! That sudoku book is GENIUS! :D

No One Reads The Copy said...

Best sparkly green manicure ever!!

And thanks! -maria :)

Al said...

the sudoku book is absolutely fantastic! love a good coverup book :)

and the nail polish! everyone loves a good reason to wear glitter!!

x

JennyMac said...

That cozy pic of you two is adorable!

And I love love love gazpacho too.

Congrats on your award and thank you so much for sharing it with me. :)

Desiree said...

Wow Julia thank you so much!! I can't wait to post my ten happy things and to check out the other bloggers that make you happy! I'm so honored to be one of them!

**big hugs**

Melinda said...

What a happy award! Guess what, I just gave you one on my blog (I'm a lurker on yours, by the way, and I love your blog!)