February 2, 2010

No Longer Potentially Homeless!

I found an apartment! yay!

Thanks for all your positive thoughts, I'm sure they helped a bunch!

It's a cute little place - not too big, not too small... but just right. The only downside is that I haven't actually met my roommates yet, just the guy who's moving out to leave me the room. But oh well, I'm sure they're lovely girls. They're either doctors or physicists (I'm not sure which - the guy said all three of them were physicians, but I think there's a higher chance of that being a mistranslation of physicist than of them actually being doctors, mostly because they're all under thirty).

Either way, I'm glad I found it. Just in the the nick of time too, since Paolo and Lorenzo are leaving tomorrow morning. Plus it's in a super cute little neighborhood, which I look forward to exploring and getting to know better. There's even a coffee shop/English book store across the street which hosts Cultural Exchange Nights of Tuesdays, where all kinds of foreigners can get together and learn Spanish or talk about their respective countries/cultures. Mybe next week I'll go check it out.

Oh, the other downside is that this place doesn't have an oven. And we all know how much that drives me crazy. Remember my last apartment in Rome which didn't have an oven and I was so frustrated because I couldn't bake anything for two months? Well this is going to be for the next five months. So I should probably find some not-too-crappy microwave recipes, or I just resign myself to cooking on the stove until June.

But honestly, if that's the biggest of my problems right now (aside from not having a job yet, although I had an interview yesterday and one tomorrow!), then I don't think I have too much to worry about. Now I just have to move in and hope my roommates aren't psycho!

3 comments:

Dorkys Ramos said...

Oh congratulations! That was fast. Next up: an awesome job.

Dorkys Ramos said...

P.S. Is it bad that although I hope your roommates are cool, I'm still looking forward to some crazy roommate stories?

Caro said...

Good luck with the new roomates.