February 26, 2010

I Have Some Blanks to Fill

Get ready for another round of Fill-In The Blank Friday! Yay! Can you believe it's Friday again already! Yay!

1.  When I'm nervous I  usually can't stop talking, make a lot of stupid comments, and repeatedly use expressions that I never normally use (like "super") making me look like an idiot and making me feel even more nervous.

2.  My favorite item in my closet is   my pair of thrifted Delman patent leather Mary Janes.

3.   Doing something crafty, like sewing, while watching bank-to-back episodes of my favorite sitcoms  is my favorite thing to do when I need to relax.

4.  My favorite childhood memory is   playing with my dozens of Italian cousins at our beach house in Italy in July (a recurring memory, since we went every July!)

5.  Something you may not know about me is  that I speak four languages, well, three and and half :) English, Italian, French, and Spanish (the "half", which is why I'm here in Spain: to make it a whole!)

6.  A true friend   will pick up the conversation with you exactly where you left off, even after months or years of not seeing each other, making it seem like not a day has gone by.

7.  Something I hope people think of when they think of me is  that I'm a positive, funny, and kind person. If they think I'm smart too, that doesn't hurt either :)

 ***

In case you wanted an update on my bureaucratic hell situation, today I went back to the Comisaria, to ask for the number the bank told me I needed, and the Comisaria lady got mad and yelled at me and told me the bank was stupid, and gave me an application for said number, which I can pick up in 25 days, even though she told me I didn't need it because if the bank was going to be a stickler for this number, they could make do with the application. I haul ass to the bank, which closes soon and is on the other side of town, and there they tell me the application isn't enough, and I'm going to have to wait the 25 days. I am seriously considering eliminating the banks server and computerized system so when they're forced to go back to writing everything down on paper, they'll finally be able to just give me an account. Ugh! So frustrating!

But at least today I had a half day, and so I'm at home at 3:15 pm and I can relax a bit to vent my bank annoyance. Hopefully Ill be hearing back from some friends about a potential dinner party that I might cook for tonight (and hopefully I can bake something!)

Have a great weekend everyone!


9 comments:

Jeney Peney said...

"4. My favorite childhood memory is playing with my dozens of Italian cousins at our beach house in Italy in July (a recurring memory, since we went every July!)"

I am actually SUPER jealous of this because I only have like, 7 cousins. And I never talk to them :-( I always wanted to be one of those kids with a ton of close cousins.

Aunt of 14 said...

Half days are the best... I love those!!

my name is lauren. said...

your memory for #4 is so fairy tale. a beach house in italy? what???

good luck with that bank situation. that sounds awful.

hope you have a good weekend!

{Lauren}

Simply Me said...

I stopped by from Lauren's and good Lord four languages ..i am so jealous ..Ive always wanted to learn French and German .. i do hope i can learn someday ..
Have a lovely weekend
Cheers :)

Micaela said...

#6- perfect answer.

I will never get tired of watching back to back episodes of FRIENDS or Sex and the City... it is a great way to relax, indeed!!!

Sadako said...

Your mary janes sound awesome.

Have a great weekend.

Belen said...

I totally love your number 6, because it's absolutely true. My best friend and I can spend long periods of time away from each other but when we finally find time to hang out again, it's like we never left each other's sides.

I love crafting while watching re-runs of my favorite shows too. Currently it's all Community. :)

Al said...

we share a nervous reaction :)

i babble and say over positive things like super awesome thats just so super great.

oh nerves...

Jonesy said...

Nice blog : ) I am a new follower.

Check out my blog as well when you get a chance.

www.the-blisslist.blogspot.com