February 8, 2010

Getting to Know You Better

I thought I'd do this little survey that's been floating around the interwebs (originally from here), but I thought I'd mix it up by adding some questions of my own.

Because I know you guys are so totally interested in learning more about me that eight questions just aren't enough to satisfy your curiosity. You need to know more!

The original questions are numbered, and my little add-ins are lettered, just in case you were wondering (which you obviously were... right?)

1. How many piercings do you have?

One in each ear. I sometimes wish I had more, but I know that a lot of what look awesome on other people would look kind of tacky on me.

A. What are you eating right now?

A chilled bowl of Gazpacho garnished with cilantro. Yum.

2. I love the sound of...

Children laughing. Such a glorious sound. Which reminds me how weird my friends are.  Once, in college, my friends and I were sitting in the park, doing what crazy college kids do, and all of a sudden my friend Will gets this horrified look on his face and say, "Oh God! What is that awful noise?" And my friend Kate and I look around and see a gaggle of school children running by us, and say, "Um, Will, that's the sound of children's laughter." Needless to say he felt horrible about it and it was hilarious for a long time.

Ok. You had to be there.

B. Most annoying sound?

I'd say it's a three-way tie between crying babies (in enclosed spaces, i.e. an airplane), people hammering while you're trying to sleep, and never ending car alarms.

3. Favorite city?

Well, I love Rome. Obviously. But I'm not usually one for playing favorites. So lets just say that I like Rome alot.

C. Most frequently read publication?

The New York Times Online

4. Colts, Saints, or could care less?

Couldn't give a crap. If I hadn't been reading those team names all over the internet for the last week, baby horses and religious martyrs would come to mind before football teams.

D. Cats or dogs?

Surprisingly, I'm both a cat person and a dog person. This is an argument I refuse to take sides in.

5. Frozen Yogurt or Ice Cream?

Hm. Both. Maybe frozen yogurt a smidgen more. But gelato would definitely beat out both if it were an option.

E. Longest flight ever taken?


Most transatlantic flights are about the same length, and I take a couple of those a year (at least), so let's say Rome - Boston, over eight hours.


6. Favorite appetizer?

Vol au Vent (puff pastry cups) with a cream and mushroom filling. Yum.

F. Least favorite food?

Probably brains (don't ask why I know what that tastes like), or cow liver. Gross.

7. What item in your closet currently makes you happiest?

A a beautiful grey thrifted Calvin Klein dress I bought in Boston over the holidays. It's vintage looking with a modern cut and feel, and the most luxurious shade of grey. It would fit perfectly on a Mad Men secretary.

G. What current trend do you hate the most?

Purple. I loathe the color purple (except maybe a nice deep plum). And I have a lot of irrational anger towards people who go over board with purple (i.e. purple suede boots, purple Uggs - or any Uggs for that matter) just because it's in style.


8. Favorite facial moisturizer?

Aveeno Ultra Calming spf 15 in the winter, and Aveeno Positively Radiant spf 15 in the summer. Gotta protect that skin from the sun all year round!

H. Least favorite beauty product?

Hair spray. I hate how it manages to make my hair feel crispy and sticky at the same time. I much prefer mousse. Or nothing at all.


So there ya have it. The original survey, plus eight more questions added in for good measure. Steal the questions, answer them on your blog, and head back to MannLand5 to McLinky it!

5 comments:

De Lly Dilettante said...

Great post. I love Rome too :D

Julia said...

I just found your blog, and after reading this post, I just had to comment....First of all, my name is Julia, too. One of my favorite hobbies is eating. I, too, hate Uggs. And, I would die for gelato. This must be the most stalkerish comment there ever was.. anywhoo...I'm loving your blog!

Stephany said...

Love, love, love, love, LOVE Aveeno! I went through this extreme dry skin phase and I tried everything but it didn't really get rid of the dry skin OR make my skin feel good. But then I tried Aveeno and OHMYGOSH, it got rid of my dry skin ASAP. I should be a spokesperson for them.

Anyway, had to comment about Aveeno...found your blog through 20SB!

Allison Blass said...

I love this survey! A lot of unique questions. I might use this tomorrow since at this point, I have nothing to blog about.

But I LOVE purple (am wearing a purple striped Alfani button-down) but I don't like going overboard on any color actually. I think people should have a diverse, yet cohesive look.

Classy in Philadelphia said...

Soooo, I think I'm going to love your blog because you love Rome and I'm literally adding you to my reader purely because of that (well and because I think your blog is super cute too!) but yay for Rome!