February 5, 2010

Follow the Leader Friday


We're back today with  Lauren's Fill-In The Blank Friday! I love that this is becoming a thing! And that I'm part of it!

1.  If I had two hours to myself today, I'd  go shopping for a pair of grey suede flat boots .

2.  If I could travel anywhere today, I would go to   Lisbon, for the weekend .

3.   playing with puppy Truffle during his first snowstorm twelve years ago* is (one of) my happiest memor(ies).

4.  Sometimes you're   seeing the glass half empty   other times you're  seeing it half full  .

5.  Beauty is  overrated .

6.  I would be embarassed if anyone knew  the number of different kinds of lotion that I own  .

7.  Love at first sight is   only for movies and romance novels. I'm much too rational to believe it happens in real life .






* This may not be my happiest memory, but it's the one that comes to mind today, as I remember the rich, wonderful life our dog Truffle had with us, and all of the joy that he brought into our lives. Truffle passed away this week, at the ripe old age of 13. We'll miss you, Truffe! You were one hell of a black sheep poodle!


 
eating some snow (this winter, not twelve years ago)

frolicking like a little puppy

eating more snow

 
a little bokeh truffle

9 comments:

Kyla Roma said...

Oh I'm sorry that truffle passed away, what a beautiful guy! Love your blog, thank you for entering my giveaway!

Kanwalful said...

This is one happy post :)

Your dog was so adorable. RIP Truffle.

Kanwalful said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
my name is lauren. said...

truffle is so cute in those snow pictures!

thanks for playing along...i'm glad you're part of this too! and i love that so many people are taking part and making it "a thing" :).

i agree with you...beauty is overrated...i wish i didn't care about it so much, but sadly i am vain and do :(.

hope you have a lovely weekend exploring some more of your new city!

xo
{Lauren}

amy said...

awww! so sad! I'm sorry for you!

Micaela said...

i am sooo sorry for your loss :( i lost our family dog a few months ago and the pain is unreal.

she was an epic dog. there is nothing like the unconditional love of a puppy's.

i enjoyed your answers, especially #7. Beauty and the idea of love at first sight is overrated :)

BrittanButterfly said...

OH I am so sorry to hear about Truffle, what a wonderful pup! I have a poodle mix, she is one of my happiest moments. She was 7 weeks old when I brought her home 8 years ago and she is my best bud! thanks for sharing those wonderful photos of your Truffle!

Kate said...

sorry about your puppy! maybe you can get a new miniature poodle one day soon.

Dominick Bonny said...

Awesome dog. Sorry he died. Was he full black sheep poodle? He looks EXACTLY like my dog Murphy (pictured here: http://bit.ly/9CXABR) and I thought he was a Bouvier. I don't definitively know what breed he is though ...