January 27, 2010

My Quarter Century: The Big Two Five

It's midnight, here in Madrid (although only between three and six in the afternoon for you North Americans), and I just turned 25.

Surprisingly, I don't feel any differently. Yet I'm officially on the path to old. Burrowed firmly in my mid-twenties, I can no longer claim to be a young early-twenties lass. Nor can I check off the 18-24 box anymore. I'm officially in the 25-34 box. Now that hurts.

You might be asking yourself, what am I doing at my computer at midnight, on the eve of my birthday. Well, I'm in Spain, and here everything is done later (I had lunch at four and dinner at nine thirty). So we're actually pre-gaming (man I haven't used that phrase in a while!) before heading out to Cafe Orange for a night of mayhem.

Thirties, I'm on my way. You've been officially warned.


15 comments:

Julia (Color Me Green) said...

i just turned a quarter century a couple months ago. a strange feeling to be sure. happy birthday!

Sam said...

happy happy birthday!! :D I hope you have a fabulous time out celebrating!

Lacey said...

Happy Birthday!! I'm 23 so I'm not quite there yet but when my BF turned 25 he had the same feelings as you. Hope you have a fabulous day!

Kristi Faith said...

Happy B-day! I passed the thirty mark and remarkably didn't freak out as much as I did when I turned 25. :0) LOL Have a great day!

Kate said...

Happy Birthday!!

Pre-gaming is pre-drinking, yes? Or pre-dranking, if you prefer?

Caro said...

Happy Birthday!

Gingerella said...

Happy Birthday Julia!

Oooh I'm turning 25 soon, in less than a month! Eek! I know even though I won't feel any different either, telling people I'm 25 and ticking that damn 25-34 box will hurt a little, too.

Oh, and that's what I loved about Spain, how late the night starts!

stefanie said...

Happy Birthday!!!

WhimsAndInconsistencies said...

Happy Birthday!

Heather said...

Happy Birthday!

VE said...

Congrats! You won't feel any different until you hit about 34!

Chrissy said...

Happy birthday!!

Hope the move went smoothly!

I can't get into the worrying about my age business - I swear to God I just turned 18 like a week ago. I actually have to stop and think about how old I am when someone asks me. I so fail at being old.

Kanwalful said...

Haha you make 25 sound like a nightmare =P

Dorkys Ramos said...

Happy (belated) birthday!! Man, 25...I remember those days. They were great! Hope yours is too :)

Kelly Jean said...

I turn the big 2-5 in May this year, and my boyfriend turns the big 3-0. I never thought about it as a quarter century birthday... how crazy to think of it like that!

I'm glad you didn't feel very different. I don't want to feel old yet.

I've neglected catching up on the blogs I'm subscribed to, so I'm catching up with yours now. It's fun. I've owned a sewing machine for a year, and looking at what you've done makes me want to dust if off and try something.

Peace,

Kelly
morgendorf.blogspot.com