January 2, 2010

Firewood in the Snow

So today we're getting our firewood delivery - yes, right in the middle of urban Cambridge - which means we're getting half a cord of wood dumped in our driveway, which is approximately a little over 50 cubic feet of wood. Unfortunately, because we need the driveway for our car and our trash bins, we're going to need to spend a good part of the afternoon stacking up this wood. And unfortunately, because it snowed a bunch last night, doing this is the snow is going to be less than fun. But, I anticipate there will be some hilarious moments. And I'm bringing my camera downstairs in the hopes of capturing these moments and hopefully getting a half decent blog post out of this adventure.

I'll be back later with photographic evidence of my family struggling - well, at least my mother and I. I'm suremy brother will be all Rambo about it and be done in fifteen minutes.

UPDATE: So maybe because of the snow, or because he's a dinkus, our fire wood delivery guy never showed up! Even after I spent 20 minutes getting dressed in no fewer than six layers - and it wasn't even that cold outside.

Luckily I had the good sense to take some pictures anyway, so I'll get those up after lunch - I would do it now, but the smells coming from my mother's kitchen are too delicious to ignore.

UPDATE: Well, it's now the next day... I guess I never got around to posting those pictures after lunch. I would say better last than never, but I think I'm not even going to post the them late. They'll be better appreciated in my next Weekly(ish) Photo Essay Winter Edition.



2 comments:

my name is lauren. said...

good luck with all that wood stacking!

♥ Katinka said...

yeah, good luck :)