December 25, 2009

Tidbits of Comical Food Induced Laziness

Yesterday I promised I would post something today... but that was before I realized how tired I would be from eating ham and playing five rounds of Banagrams. So excuse the abridged version of whats swimming around in my head today.

Today is actually Christmas (although with all the Christmas-related hoopla that's been going on for the past weeks it almost feels like Christmas should long be over), but I'm already tired of Christmas-themed posts, so I'm just going to talk about random/funny things that happened this year, or in general, to me, or other people (and some videos, because I'm feeling extra lazy today - but at least they're funny videos).

  • That time my mom dropped her camera in the pecan pie. Not the cooked pecan pie (which would have been a lot less messy), but the ooey gooey pecan pie batter, essentially sugar and eggs. I really, really, wish I had been there.
  • That time my scooter spark plug got disconnected in the middle of a highway over pass and I almost got hit by a truck and died. Luckily I didn't die, but I did end up pushing my scooter up hill, in four inch heels, for 5 km while it was hailing. Like honest to god marble-sized piece of ice pelting me in the head for an hour. This was also the day I discovered it's impossible to hold an umbrella while pushing a scooter. Granted, this was terribly un-amusing at the time - but it's hilarious now.
  • That time I kept stealing all my brother's tiles while playing Bananagrams.Ok, so that happened like 20 minutes ago, and Lucas didn't find it all that funny. But I had a great time.
  • That time Berlusconi got hit in the face with a little metal statue of the Milan Duomo. That cracked me up so much.
  • That time I found the video that so perfectly and wordlessly sums up the different between Italy and the rest of Europe:
  • That time I rediscovered this other random video, which we thought was so hilarious in like 10th grade:
  • That time I got really tired from eating delicious food and opening christmas presents all day, and decided to go to bed at 10pm.
Ok, that was super lame. If you've made it this far, you're a trooper and you deserve a prize.I'll be back when my mind works again.


3 comments:

my name is lauren. said...

it's ok to be lazy sometimes....i'm with you on the food coma. and p.s. my family and i play bananagrams too. so fun!

مى said...

Amazing :)

Sara-Jane Elizabeth said...

It is A-O-K to be lazy! I hope your Christmas was wonderful!