November 3, 2009

A Little Housekeeping: My Impromptu Day Off and First Cooking Lesson - Part I

In other news, I unexpectedly have a day off! I woke up late, thinking "crap crap, i'm late for work" and then I remembered my boss at UNICEF is out of town, and told me to take a couple of days off, and I don't have any lessons today. It started off as the perfect day home ever - cold, dark, rainy...ideal for a cup of tea in bed and a sappy movie - but then the damn sun came out. Now I have this nagging feeling that I should be out, doing something, just because I can. At least going out to get milk, since I haven't had any in the house since Friday. But I think I'll compromise. Morning and early afternoon at home, and when I feel that I've wasted the right amount of time, I'll go out for a little stroll and "do" something. Like going for a run.

And then later tonight, I have a little surprise planned... ...ok, I'll tell you! My first ever step-by-step cooking post! I've been getting distracted by the yummy-looking homestyle cooking on Pioneer Woman's site, (she's an ex-LA city girl turned rancher wife), and I was inspired to start blogging about cooking (I mean, look at these amazing buttered rosemary rolls - I'm thanking whatever greater power I should be thanking that I don't have a working oven, or I would be in trouble). I cook everyday, and I usually blog about what I'm cooking/eating, I just don't usually take pictures of every step and then blog about it. But I thought today would be the day to cook up a delicious dinner, and while I'm at it, I might as well share how I did it!

Stay tuned for A Little Housekeeping: My Impromptu Day Off and First Cooking Lesson - Part II!

But first, here's a sneak peak at the menu (and links to the corresponding sites where I got the recipes):

Roasted Red Pepper Hummus (I already made it, so no in-progress photos for this one)
Red Pepper Risotto
Pumpkin Fudge

delicious!

No comments: