September 21, 2009

Rainy Day Musings

So today is grey and rainy and I finagled it so I could stay home all day. The pro is that I don't have to go take public transportation in the rain, but the con is that now I have no excuse to not study GRE math all afternoon. One thing is making the occasional excuse to your boss, another, much harder thing is making excuses to yourself (it's almost like yourself always knows what you're up to...). You can make deals with yourself though, and my deal is that I have until 4 to waste time, and then the books come out. And then maybe I'll take a little break every once in a while to make the studying more palatable. In the meantime I'll just set up a relaxing Madeleine Peyroux playlist, perfect for a rainy day, make a nice hot cup of tea, and start sharpening my pencils...

...So I got in a good hour and a half of math. I'll pick up again in a bit, but I thought a little snack would be in order. There's nothing like a hot cup of chai tea, with homemade hummus and pita chips to ward off an early autumn chill. And since I can't really do math and eat at the same time, I thought it would be a good time to get a little distracted and share some of my favorite online nonsense, such as this hilarious tiger/piglet combination from one my all-time favorite blogs, Fuck You Penguin.... (those piglets are ALL over that poor tiger!)

And now back to math... boo...


No comments: