September 22, 2009

I Heart Pumpkins

It's raining, and the weather's getting cold, and tomorrow morning I have to wake up at an ungodly hour to go back to an ungodly place (the motorizzazione), but life is still great because it's pumpkin season! 




I started seeing them at the farmer's market downstairs a few weeks ago, but those "didn't convince me." They were too puny or something. But then I saw some at the supermarket and I just had to get some. But I didn't get very much, so instead of making a big dish, like pumpkin soup or roast pumpkin, I decided to stay small and make pumpkin pudding. I really wish I had gotten more pumpkin. The first time I made it (yesterday) it was a little too moist...I didn't bake it enough. And the second time I made it (today) it was a little too dry...I forgot about it and almost burnt it. Maybe the third time I'll get it just right. But either way it was delicious! It's kind of like pumpkin pie without the crust. (Although this pumpkin pie, courtesy of Heidi Swanson, is second to none).

Maybe next week I'll make pumpkin ravioli...

1 comment:

Maria said...

I got my very own, very first pumpkin today...from Bay End Farm, and was thinking pumpkin raviolies as well. Huuummmmm!