September 18, 2009

Another Day in Bureaucratic Limbo

So this morning Valerio and I go to the Motorizzazione Civile (the place where culture and manners go to die - the Italian equivalent of the DVM) and the same guy who earlier this week told me I absolutely needed a certain document gives me the weirdest look when I hand it to him and asks me "what the hell is this?" Ugh. So after explaining to him what he explained to me 3 days ago, he's like "oh right, fine. go talk to that lady over there." And then even though the guy told me everything was fine, the lady tells me that the document I brought "doesn't convince her", whatever that means. In the end, they send me away with a stamp and tell me to come back next Wednesday for the scooter check. I wish someone could explain to me why the people they hire to handle all of this bureaucratic crap have no idea what they're doing.

In other news, today Sgt. Pepper caught a giant fly, held it in his mouth for a while, and then batted it up and down the hallway for like 20 minutes. Now he's smothering it on the couch. Cats are bizarre.


No comments: